ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa Guidance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

middletier 1

Tier 1 Dependent Visa Guidance

Post by middletier 1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi all,

I have got my tier 1 visa in 2010, and in last month(Aug.2011) i came to UK and working here.

As i am going to apply for dependent visas for my wife and daughter, i would like to clarify few of my doubts. Thanks in advacnce to all.

For the maintainence funds i need to show for me and my 2 dependants as £2800+£2800+£2800 = £8400.

the above amount, i am maintaning in my NRE account in India for the past 3 months, so i can show this funds from the bank in India, please clarify me.

As i am working in the UK, to support or evidence that i am in UK, do i need to show any UK bank statemernts or my contract agreement or tenancy agreements etc. please clarify me on this.

Aslo for dependants there is no need of english requirement certificate, please clarify me.

Thank you all and please clarify my doubts.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm at a loss to understand where you are getting these numbers from. Have you actually read the PBS dependant guidance? The required amount is 1600 for each dependant but this can be discounted to 533 for each dependant if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months. You, yourself, have your leave and are not making an application, so do not need to show any maintenance.

My calculations reveal that you need to show a sum of 1600 x 2 = 3200 held for a period of three months.

Please refer to Annex E

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply,

I am sorry for the figures.

Correct me if i am wrong. as i am in the UK for less than 12 months, thus i need to show £800 for me plus £1600 each for my wife and kid, so total funds i need to show is £800+£1600x2 = £ 4000, please clarify me on this.

the above amount, i am maintaning in my NRE account in India for the past 3 months, so i can show this funds from the bank in India, please clarify me.

As i am working in the UK, to support or evidence that i am in UK, do i need to show any UK bank statemernts or my contract agreement or tenancy agreements etc. please clarify me on this.

Aslo for dependants there is no need of english requirement certificate, please clarify me

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:41 pm

There is no English requirement. Other than that, I can't add anything to my previous comment and would not wish to make any changes to that information . If, after reading this and the links contained therein, you remain unsure of your situation, you should really be thinking about getting professional assistance. This forum can't be used as a substitute for that. We are, after all, anonymous contributors with no accreditation required.

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi

thanks forthe reply,

I have got confused by Refer to the below link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... light=2800

please advice me on this

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Appendix E deals with the maintenance requirement for PBS dependants. There are references in Appendix E made with regard to the PBS migrant being required to provide maintenance in addition to the PBS dependant:
(e) Where the Relevant Points Based System Migrant is applying for entry clearance or leave to remain at the same time as the applicant, the amount of funds available to the applicant must be in addition to the level of funds required separately of the Relevant Points Based System Migrant

[...]

(l) Where the application is one of a number of applications made at the same time as a partner or child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant (as set out in paragraphs 319A and 319F) each applicant, including the Relevant Points Based System Migrant if applying at the same time, must have the total requisite funds specified in the relevant parts of appendices C and E.
As you can see, the PBS migrant applying at the same time as the dependant is a condition of his necessity to provide maintenance for himself in addition to his dependant. Otherwise, not necessary.

Appendix C deals with the maintenance requirement for PBS Migrants. There are references in Appendix C made with regard to the PBS Migrant being required to provide maintenance in addition to the PBS dependant:
(h) Where the application is made at the same time as applications by the partner or child of the applicant (such that the applicant is a Relevant Points Based System Migrant for the purposes of paragraph 319AA), each applicant must have the total requisite funds specified in the relevant parts of appendices C and E. If each applicant does not individually meet the requirements of appendices C and / or E, as appropriate, all the applications (the application by the Relevant Points Based System Migrant and applications as the partner or child of that relevant Points Based system Migrant) will be refused.
Again you can see, the same conditional clause exists and the need for the PBS migrant to show maintenance for himself in addition to the PBS dependant, when the PBS dependant is not applying with the PBS migrant, is neither mentioned nor demanded. I understand there may have been a very small number of refusals cited on this forum, but they have been incorrect refusals by inept ECOs that were reversed on appeal. The guidance does not help as it seems to favour referring to applications made at the same time as the PBS migrant rather than made separately. However, paragraphs 43 and 46 do refer to applications made separately from the PBS migrant and those don't ask for the PBS migrant to provide proof of maintenance in addition to the applicant.