ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Credit Checks / Bank Statements, etc.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vmulberry
Newly Registered

Credit Checks / Bank Statements, etc.

Post by vmulberry » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:23 pm

We are preparing an application for spousal visa and I am just wondering don't the embassy officials have access to our records enough that we don't need to present all of this paperwork?

I'm just stressing that I'll forget something or not have one sheet of some statment and they will penalise us for it when all along they can run a credit check on myself and my husband and just get all the information they need.

I assumed they would run a credit check and background check automatically and just wait to see if we fess up to our true financial situation. What frightens me about that is we technically have debts, but overall they don't total more than a few hundred pounds. I'm thinking we will clear them before we go because they are made up of fifty to a hundred pounds here and there in two credit cards and a book club that I am member to which runs on credit as well as some children's clothing catalogs. They're not overwhelming debts, but obviously they need to be cataloged in our application and considered. Will they frown on debt as a whole or do they look at how much it is and the fact you can make the repayments?

Thanks

life24
Newly Registered

Post by life24 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:49 pm

hi there they dont run credit checks just make sure you dont send bank statement which shows that you owe bank money. What they really want to see is your bank statement to access your finance to see if you can support your wife. The best thing to do is draft them a budget plan show them how much you earn and how much you paid for you rent and other expenses

That will help

vmulberry
Newly Registered

Post by vmulberry » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:02 pm

Thank you that helps. In looking through the other posts I saw quite a few being refused spouse visas based on finances.

We don't have any overdrafts or any loans at all. What we do have which I was worried about is two credit cards and a couple of catalogs and my book club. I was affraid that ANY debt would be grounds for refusal, but we have it under control. We pay our balance or minimum payment and manage perfectly well. Still, it is technically a debt.

If I show the current balances left to pay and our minimum required monthly payments vs. our income (my husband's) they should see it's ok right? I'm working on drawing up budgets and month by month expense lists. I save all receipts anyway and put them in a box at the end of each day then sort them by month and paper clip them, etc. If I show where our money is going each month I hope they are satisfied by it.

London coool
BANNED

Post by London coool » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:11 pm

What the ECO wants to ascertain is your cashflow and a credit balance in your bank account. They don't need to see your credit cards or know about any loan/debt you are committed to. To show your cashflow they need to see your 6 months Bank statements and payslips.They dont need to see your budget expenses or outlay. If your documents are in doubt the ECO can always cross check it with the Inland Revenue and the bank itself.People even borrow funds and fix it in an ISA account and present the ISA account as part of their proof of having access to funds.