ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

maternity leave

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ns99

maternity leave

Post by ns99 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:12 pm

hi, i recently applied for my husbands visa and it was refused as they said my employment is not as claimed.i have been working for over 2 years and am now on maternity leave and am paid weekly, i also claim child benefit, working and child tax credit for my month old son. can i appeal..? and am i s
till counted as employed while on maternity leave?

batleykhan

Re: maternity leave

Post by batleykhan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:28 pm

ns99 wrote:hi, i recently applied for my husbands visa and it was refused as they said my employment is not as claimed.i have been working for over 2 years and am now on maternity leave and am paid weekly, i also claim child benefit, working and child tax credit for my month old son. can i appeal..? and am i s
till counted as employed while on maternity leave?
Yes it is counted as leave till you return back to work. Yes you can appeal against the decision. You have 28 days to do so. I can only assume they have rung your employers and were told that you no longer work there instead of telling them you were on maternity leave. This is what I assume has happened and that is why the ECO claims that you are not employed as you claimed.

Post the exact wording of refusal and it may become clearer why they have refused you.

ns99

Post by ns99 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:08 pm

i will post the details to you soon, also another question, do i have 2 go back 2 work before i appeal, will they make this an issue or is it ok for me 2 stay on leave till my payments end..? i asked our Mp who says its fine to stay on leave because im still getting enough to maintain us both but ? n thankyou for your help.. :) also they said they enquired from a goverment colleague, my workplace got no call or letter.