ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Typo in Tier 1 Biometric Residence Permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Brown11
Newly Registered

Typo in Tier 1 Biometric Residence Permit

Post by Brown11 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:06 am

Hi Guys,

I recently asked here about whether it would make sense to switch into Tier1 General from Tier2 General or not.

Now I've switched successfully, and have recieved my BRP. The issue is that there's a typo in the place of birth - they wrote the name of the city with double 'N', instead of using 'N' once :-(

I am not really sure where the error comes from - from my aplication form (unfortunetly I do not have the copy) or this is Home Office's mistake.

I will be calling Home Office on Monday to find out what my next steps are, but in the meanwhile what do you think will happen if it turns out that the mistake is in my application form?

It probably does not sound like very serious issue but still I am worrying a bit.

Thanks for any thoughts

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:51 am

Hi Brown11,

In my opinion, regardless of who made the error, it shouldn't be a big deal and it is something that should be easily rectified once you contact them. No need to worry about it.

The most important thing is that you got your BRP

Brown11
Newly Registered

Post by Brown11 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi thebionicredneck2003,

Thanks for the quick respond. I wish there were no issues with this. There's a phone number 0300-xx.... where I should call during the next 10 working days, so I will try and will ask them .

Also, I may have to send it back and wait for another week to get it fixed, etc.. There are no errors on my PRC of my dependent, so I think she does not have to send it back either?

Thoughts?

floral
Newly Registered

Urgent

Post by floral » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Hello,

I have got the same problem like yours in my biometric residence permit card. There is mistake in birth place. I called to the number and they told me to send my card and passport and I did the same. Now I am worried when will they return my correct biometric residence permit card and my passport. How much time did they take to return yours? Please help me !! Its urgent !!

Thanks in advance !!
Floral

Tier 2 visa
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 visa » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi Flora

Did you get your biometric residence permit back? How much time did it take?

I have a similar problem, though it is more serious because the mistake is in the 'valid until' date which suggests my visa is expiring next month, instead of three years later. I have sent it back to them and was wondering when I should expect it back.

Your reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks

floral
Newly Registered

hi

Post by floral » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:42 pm

Tier 2 visa wrote:Hi Flora

Did you get your biometric residence permit back? How much time did it take?

I have a similar problem, though it is more serious because the mistake is in the 'valid until' date which suggests my visa is expiring next month, instead of three years later. I have sent it back to them and was wondering when I should expect it back.

Your reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hello,

Yes I got my biometric card.I got within 3 working days of I sent for correction. I sent the card and my passport with a letter stating for correction in a special delivery first class envelope.Then they returned me the passport in separate envelope and the correct biometric card was given to be my the postman from immigration in separate envelope for which I had to do digital signature like while delivering the incorrect biometric card before.Both the passport and biometric card was received on the same day with the difference of 1 hour only.So don't worry if you only receive the passport because the another biometric card will be coming after sometime of receiving the passport.

Thanks for the query!!

Floral

Tier 2 visa
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 visa » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks for your reply Floral. That's encouraging. Hope I get it back soon. Although, I did not send my passport as they didn't ask me to send it. They only asked me to send the BRP. Will let you know if it gets sorted out.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:15 am

Tier 2 visa wrote:Thanks for your reply Floral. That's encouraging. Hope I get it back soon. Although, I did not send my passport as they didn't ask me to send it. They only asked me to send the BRP. Will let you know if it gets sorted out.
@Tier2Visa - Could you please share your outcome in this regard ?

@floral - Could you please share the format of your letter which you sent for BRP Card correction ??

I will look forward your reply. Thanks In Advance

Tier 2 visa
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 visa » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Well. The date was not a misprint. It turned out my HR department had made a mistake in the date for the certificate of sponsorship, so I had to reapply. I eventually got it though.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:41 am

Tier 2 visa wrote:Well. The date was not a misprint. It turned out my HR department had made a mistake in the date for the certificate of sponsorship, so I had to reapply. I eventually got it though.
Thanks for your reply. I would like to know list of steps which you followed to correct BRP card details.

If you have provide any covering letter, please do share the same as well..

Any little details during this process, it will helpful for myself and others too.

Thanks

UOO
Newly Registered

ERROR ON BRP

Post by UOO » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:55 pm

PLEASE I GOT MY BRP, AND NOTICED A MISTAKE ON THE VALID DATE INSTEAD OF 3YEARS I WAS GIVEN A MONTH. I HAVE SENT IT BACK, BUT I WAS WONDERING IF THE MISTAKE IS FROM MY HR, AND I HAVE TO REAPPLY AGAIN, WILL I BE PAYING AGAIN, AND WILL I ALSO BE NEEDING A NEW CERTIFICATE OF SPONSORPHIP NUMBER?

ANY ADVISE WILL HELP. THANKS