ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does One need to work whilst on PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alexanoon
Newly Registered

Does One need to work whilst on PSW

Post by alexanoon » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi One of my friends has just got a PSW visa, she is going out of the country for 4 months and when she is back, is it necesary for her to get a job immediately. She plans to get married to her fiance, they have been living togethor for 2 years. He has got ILR to live in the UK.
Will there be an issue if she applies for a marriage visa and is not working but is supported by her fiance and has more than enough money in her account to prove this for more than a year now. Will she be in breach of the immigration rules.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:10 pm

It's fine to do as you have suggested but it would be better for her if she were to make the decision to marry and switch only after she arrives back in the UK rather than before. She should enter with the stated intention of continuing with her PSW (in the pursuit of employment) but then later, on reflection, she should consider the alternative route that is currently proposed. I hope you can understand the context of what I am saying and why.