ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4- Journey so Far and updates

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobobo

EEA4- Journey so Far and updates

Post by bobobo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:07 am

I applied for confirmation of PR after RoR in end August. Got CoA by mid September. . I called the UKBA number on the COA and requested for my passport to be sent back, I got the passport back the very next day, the lady was very helpful and did go out of her way to arrange this. My Grandfather fell very ill and I thought I would go and see him.

The problem is that my application is still in the queue and I have a heavy travel schedule, where I will be travelling starting mid October and come back sometime mid December. I am not sure how HO would treat my application:
1. If they send me a letter requesting my passport back that would be great as it would give me 21 business days to return my passport.
2. If on the other hand they decide to stick it on an A4 paper and send everything back, and there is no one to collect it, things can get messy as Royal Mail will return the application to the sender.

Can anyone suggest what I can do so that I dont miss out on any package that the HO sends me. I have checked the KeepSafe service provided by Royal Mail, but that again would send any special delivery or signed for packages back to sender if not collected within 1 week.

Same problem is with P.O Boxes, can anyone suggest a work around or maybe a service I can use so that I am sure if my application was to be processed and PR issued on A4, my documents can be safe until I return.

Thanks in advance guys for anything you can suggest to resolve the issue.
Last edited by bobobo on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:17 am

Sorry to suggest the obvious, but what about have UKBA send it to your work, or to a friend's address?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Thanks mate, this did cross my mind, re-directing to friends is not an option and I work for an Investment Bank, they have the same policy, if the packet is not collected within a week, it is returned to sender. This is due to the senstivity of the lnformation that is generally transmitted.
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Sorry to suggest the obvious, but what about have UKBA send it to your work, or to a friend's address?

Mrfantastic
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4- Journey so Far and quick question

Post by Mrfantastic » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:38 pm

bobobo wrote:I applied for confirmation of PR after RoR in end August. Got CoA by mid September. . I called the UKBA number on the COA and requested for my passport to be sent back, I got the passport back the very next day, the lady was very helpful and did go out of her way to arrange this. My Grandfather fell very ill and I thought I would go and see him.

The problem is that my application is still in the queue and I have a heavy travel schedule, where I will be travelling starting mid October and come back sometime mid December. I am not sure how HO would treat my application:
1. If they send me a letter requesting my passport back that would be great as it would give me 21 business days to return my passport.
2. If on the other hand they decide to stick it on an A4 paper and send everything back, and there is no one to collect it, things can get messy as Royal Mail will return the application to the sender.

Can anyone suggest what I can do so that I dont miss out on any package that the HO sends me. I have checked the KeepSafe service provided by Royal Mail, but that again would send any special delivery or signed for packages back to sender if not collected within 1 week.

Same problem is with P.O Boxes, can anyone suggest a work around or maybe a service I can use so that I am sure if my application was to be processed and PR issued on A4, my documents can be safe until I return.

hello bobobo i pm you just before reading this post cos one of the questions was about timeframe of your coa, i think you should be okay it takes homeoffice 3months on average to deal with eea4 applications, u said u applied end of august and counting from then that should take you to around end of november, when homeoffice send out requests i think it's usually by second class and they normally give applicants 21working days to reply so that should give you sometime till about 3rd week in december but then it depends on when in december your gonna be back. so hopefully you'll be alright and get back just in time for replying them.i hope everything goes well for you.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:19 pm

I agree with you have said mate, but they sometimes just issues the RC on an A4 paper and send everything back. I am just scared of that. the concierge I have is not the most clued up person, but I think I will just leave a note on the aprtment door requesting the postman that since I am away, anything that needs a signature should be left with the concierge as I will be away for a few weeks

Mrfantastic wrote:
bobobo wrote:I applied for confirmation of PR after RoR in end August. Got CoA by mid September. . I called the UKBA number on the COA and requested for my passport to be sent back, I got the passport back the very next day, the lady was very helpful and did go out of her way to arrange this. My Grandfather fell very ill and I thought I would go and see him.

hello bobobo i pm you just before reading this post cos one of the questions was about timeframe of your coa, i think you should be okay it takes homeoffice 3months on average to deal with eea4 applications, u said u applied end of august and counting from then that should take you to around end of november, when homeoffice send out requests i think it's usually by second class and they normally give applicants 21working days to reply so that should give you sometime till about 3rd week in december but then it depends on when in december your gonna be back. so hopefully you'll be alright and get back just in time for replying them.i hope everything goes well for you.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:07 pm

What about something like http://www.mbe.co.uk/ ?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:35 pm

all just an update, I received my PR issued on an A4 sheet (since I received the passport back for urgent travel). Date on PR is 14 oct and recd on 21 nov, in my absence. When I cam back last week I found the complete package returned to me in the envelope i had sent to the HO.

Also when I was coming back from heathrow, i showed my passport the young lady IO asked me if i was travelling alone. I told her that I was divorced and had a RoR sticker in my passport. She just had a look at my passport and said its fine she also said they had a knack to figure out who was lying and i didnt need to give them any explaination.

She also said that when I get the PR on A4 paper. I shhould NOT laminate it but just put it in a sleeve and avoid folding it and should trvale with that next time so that things can be processed faster at the airport

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:13 pm

first congratulations...

second thank you so much for the updates.. i hope it will b fine for me as well..

just quicky question..
what documents did u send to prove ur 5 years residence for PR..

Thx :wink:

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Thanks azhaar. I sent loads of docs, basically the same that i sent hen I applied for Retention of Rights:
1. Marriage cert, decree absolute and decree nisi
2. proof of co-habitation for 3 years + including bank statements, tenancy agreement, utility bills, bank docs etc
3. my employment history for last 5 yrs
4. eea national letter from employer + payslips covering 6 year per(until one month after the divorce)
5. copy of the letter sent by HO confirming I had RoR successfully
6. completed form eea4.
it all weights about 2kgs.
Azhaar wrote:first congratulations...

second thank you so much for the updates.. i hope it will b fine for me as well..

just quicky question..
what documents did u send to prove ur 5 years residence for PR..

Thx :wink:

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:32 pm

"bobobo"

6. completed form eea4...
hi bobobo,
congrats,now you can switch to citizenship forum but before that i like to know what did you fill on
*3.1 title of your ex wife
*3.15 the relationship to you
*4.18give detail about (your or her) work for example you give detail about her work for the first 3 years then your work(2years) after you ROR.
*6.1eea national has exercised treaty right for 5 y
in the employment column i put date of her 3 years working+2 years working for me.
*6.3 same thing!!!
*7.2 absence fro UK for eea national only before divorce or till i apply for PR
*final checklist
what about her passport?
* my ex got her PR before the divorce but i don't have her blue card i have the Case number only,what i should answer to this question
if your eea national has a document certifying permanent resident
thank you in advance.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:13 pm

reda wrote:
"bobobo"

hi bobobo,
congrats,now you can switch to citizenship forum but before that i like to know what did you fill on
Miss XXXX XXXXX
Ex-Spouse

*4.18give detail about (your or her) work for example you give detail about her work for the first 3 years then your work(2years) after you ROR.
place where she has been working for the past 5 years- Before divorce

in the employment column i put date of her 3 years working+2 years working for me.
She was already in employment for 5 years before we got divorced so no headache there

*6.3 same thing!!!
*7.2 absence fro UK for eea national only before divorce or till i apply for PR
I left this blank

*final checklist
what about her passport?

Not Needed if you have been issued an RC on previous occasion

* my ex got her PR before the divorce but i don't have her blue card i have the Case number only,what i should answer to this question
if your eea national has a document certifying permanent resident
thank you in advance.
This question is for people who are still married not divorced

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:34 pm

bobobo wrote:
reda wrote:
"bobobo"

hi bobobo,
Miss XXXX XXXXX
Ex-Spouse

what about the period between divorce and the end of your 5 years?
what about time you exercise treaty right after divorce!?
do you accompany the application with cover letter explain your situation?

She was already in employment for 5 years before we got divorced so no headache there

if she was working for 5 years before divorce i don't have to show i was working after divorce ?

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:15 pm

reda wrote:
bobobo wrote:
reda wrote:
"bobobo"

hi bobobo,
Miss XXXX XXXXX
Ex-Spouse

what about the period between divorce and the end of your 5 years?
what about time you exercise treaty right after divorce!?
do you accompany the application with cover letter explain your situation?

if she was working for 5 years before divorce i don't have to show i was working after divorce ?

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:46 am

1. Marriage cert (not necessary as you are NOT meant to have it, but must submit it during the petition and especially that the Decree Absolute clearly states the date of the marriage), decree absolute and decree nisi (neither decree nisi is required, only the date of the petition and decree absolute)

2. proof of co-habitation for 3 years + including bank statements, tenancy agreement, utility bills, bank docs etc (not necessary as you supply No.5 below and employment history for 5 years is enough proof of residence. Co-habitation is not a legal requirement, only marriage and presence in the UK even at different addresses.)
3. my employment history for last 5 yrs as proof of residence, I presume, otherwise your employment is only relevant after the divorce has been finalised and till you've reached 5 years' residence)
4. eea national letter from employer + payslips covering 6 year per(until one month after the divorce) (alternatively, PR card if they prudently obtained one)
6. completed form eea4.

Try not to send unnecessary documents unless requested later by the UKBA. ESPECIALLY if you have already had the confirmation of Retention of Right via the EEA2 form, makes your life easier during the EEA4 app.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:08 pm

mcovet wrote:1. Marriage cert (not necessary as you are NOT meant to have it, but must submit it during the petition and especially that the Decree Absolute clearly states the date of the marriage), decree absolute and decree nisi (neither decree nisi is required, only the date of the petition and decree absolute)
ofcourse you have your marriage certificate, you get 2 copies. where did this come from??? Also you can submit nisis and or petition (petition has reasons for divorce which is personal information and should not be sent as divulges personal information

2. proof of co-habitation for 3 years + including bank statements, tenancy agreement, utility bills, bank docs etc (not necessary as you supply No.5 below and employment history for 5 years is enough proof of residence. Co-habitation is not a legal requirement, only marriage and presence in the UK even at different addresses.)

again this is your personal view!!!! better to be safe than sorry

3. my employment history for last 5 yrs as proof of residence, I presume, otherwise your employment is only relevant after the divorce has been finalised and till you've reached 5 years' residence)

4. eea national letter from employer + payslips covering 6 year per(until one month after the divorce) (alternatively, PR card if they prudently obtained one)

i wonder how anyone can get the PR card after divorce, especially when say you are no meant to have the Marriage certificate.

6. completed form eea4.

Try not to send unnecessary documents unless requested later by the UKBA. ESPECIALLY if you have already had the confirmation of Retention of Right via the EEA2 form, makes your life easier during the EEA4 app.
again how can you define whats unnecessary, whatver you can send to prove your status is best, We have seen a number of cases where HO have asked for more information so there is no benchmark here....