ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Sam_London wrote:
lunatfr wrote:Finally got the approval letter today!!!!! Will update with dates soon.
Congrats mate. Did you dance a little in your living room? :)
Yes... The kind of dance done after winning a war! Nothing less. :)

skr27

Post by skr27 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:27 am

Hi osteophytes, I called the yesterday (22nd) and have managed to get through. try calling again on Monday :)
osteophytes wrote:I tried calling them just now. There is a new message saying that inquiries regarding progress about applications made with in the last 6 months will not be answered! Is it a new thing or did I press the wrong option?

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:13 pm

skr27 wrote:Hi osteophytes, I called the yesterday (22nd) and have managed to get through. try calling again on Monday :)
osteophytes wrote:I tried calling them just now. There is a new message saying that inquiries regarding progress about applications made with in the last 6 months will not be answered! Is it a new thing or did I press the wrong option?
No need to call them any more. Got the approval today!! Exactly 3 months and 2 weeks since application at NCS and 3 months exactly since the day of debit of fees.

Thanks to all, especially to Nazia who is the life of this forum :)

skr27

Post by skr27 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:56 pm

Congratulations Osteophytes. Glad that you don't have to call UKBA anymore. could you share with the forum when exactly was the decision taken, or the date on the letter?

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:19 pm

skr27 wrote:Congratulations Osteophytes. Glad that you don't have to call UKBA anymore. could you share with the forum when exactly was the decision taken, or the date on the letter?
Dated 19th Sep 2011

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:37 am

osteophytes wrote:
skr27 wrote:Hi osteophytes, I called the yesterday (22nd) and have managed to get through. try calling again on Monday :)
No need to call them any more. Got the approval today!! Exactly 3 months and 2 weeks since application at NCS and 3 months exactly since the day of debit of fees.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii osteophytes i am realy glad to hear that you got your approval THANKS GOD its realy a good news and please dont just run away like many others stay here for others ok goodluck for the ceromony. and i also pray for others who havnt heard anything or still waiting goodluck for all.

regards
nazia
NAZIA XX

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:32 am

Nazia88 wrote:
osteophytes wrote:

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii osteophytes i am realy glad to hear that you got your approval THANKS GOD its realy a good news and please dont just run away like many others stay here for others ok goodluck for the ceromony. and i also pray for others who havnt heard anything or still waiting goodluck for all.

regards
nazia
Thanks Nazia. I will try my best to help. Have to call the council next week to arrange the ceremony. They only work from tuesday. Got to wait two more days!

skr27

Post by skr27 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:55 pm

nothing in the post for me today also... :cry:
but this rather to get this post on top of the list

abdallah16
Newly Registered

still waiting

Post by abdallah16 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi friends

Still nothing always waiting post men but no
brown letter I submit at 1 August .and
Please any one same date with.me [/b][/i]

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:19 pm

skr27 wrote:nothing in the post for me today also... :cry:
but this rather to get this post on top of the list
Skr: While you wait, it maybe worth calling the council every now and then to book an oath taking appointment - I would think the HO dispatches naturalisation certs via some sort of secure postal service which would be quicker than the 2nd class service they use to send approval letters.

If they've received your certificate, they'll only ask for your name/home address and then give you an appointment; this would atleast confirm you've been approved :).

Sam_London

Re: still waiting

Post by Sam_London » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:04 pm

abdallah16 wrote:Hi friends

Still nothing always waiting post men but no
brown letter I submit at 1 August .and
Please any one same date with.me [/b][/i]
Its not been two month yet and you're stressed? There are people, like me, who applied early May and still waiting! You have 1-2 months at least ahead of you, mate.

skr27

Post by skr27 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:37 pm

HI ILR_Applicant_UK
thank you for that suggestion. I did actually call them last week with similar intention. They promised to get back to me as soon as they hear from UKBA. My city council only do ceremony on thursdays, and from the conversation I had with them last week, I had a feeling that the city council expect posts from UKBA only on thursday. But I will call them again this week and see.

skr27

Post by skr27 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:07 pm

dear ILR_Applicant_UK and all others..
I called my city council about the ceremony and go to know the following details which may be useful for others as well. they told me that they get an email from UKBA with the approval for that week on Thursdays which is followed by the certificates on friday by secured courier. I must add that I am still waiting for approval and as far as I know now, that my name was not in the list of approval that the city council for by email last thur. so the wait continues... :(

AALI24

Post by AALI24 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:34 pm

skr27 wrote:dear ILR_Applicant_UK and all others..
I called my city council about the ceremony and go to know the following details which may be useful for others as well. they told me that they get an email from UKBA with the approval for that week on Thursdays which is followed by the certificates on friday by secured courier. I must add that I am still waiting for approval and as far as I know now, that my name was not in the list of approval that the city council for by email last thur. so the wait continues... :(
Hi Skr27,
Mate do you know whether the decision has been made on your application?
I was thinking to Call home office.

Mushfiq11
Newly Registered

Post by Mushfiq11 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:06 pm

I've applied for my passport on 16.09.11. After 1 week My application's counter signatory person received a letter with post paid 1st class stamp requesting him to confirm whether he signed in my form or not. Also requested it to do in a business letter headed paper.

Has anyone got the same experience?

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Mushfiq11 wrote:I've applied for my passport on 16.09.11. After 1 week My application's counter signatory person received a letter with post paid 1st class stamp requesting him to confirm whether he signed in my form or not. Also requested it to do in a business letter headed paper.

Yes, it normal. Sometimes they send letter for confirmation.
Similar thing was happened with one of my friend's daughter passport application who born in UK and her parent are british citizen as well.
It could be a random check.
Did the counter signatory person put his office address or home address?

Mushfiq11
Newly Registered

Post by Mushfiq11 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:14 pm

gorayah wrote:
Mushfiq11 wrote:I've applied for my passport on 16.09.11. After 1 week My application's counter signatory person received a letter with post paid 1st class stamp requesting him to confirm whether he signed in my form or not. Also requested it to do in a business letter headed paper.

Yes, it normal. Sometimes they send letter for confirmation.
Similar thing was happened with one of my friend's daughter passport application who born in UK and her parent are british citizen as well.
It could be a random check.
Did the counter signatory person put his office address or home address?
Thank you, gorayah

simon1111
Newly Registered

Simon

Post by simon1111 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi,

the HO stoped giving an update on application made befor 6 month

That's what I found out.

hmw
Newly Registered

Post by hmw » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Two families I know got their approval letters yesterday. They both applied in last weeks of July. I applied in mid july and nothing yet. Perhaps as someone mentioned - they go alphabetically by last name.

Sam_London

Re: Simon

Post by Sam_London » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:00 pm

simon1111 wrote:Hi,

the HO stoped giving an update on application made befor 6 month

That's what I found out.
I've already predicted that months ago in April. Too many people calling weekly from 30 days onward and being very impatient. I am waiting since May.

skr27

Post by skr27 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Hi AALI24
not sure if a decision has been made. When I called last week, I sensed that it has been made. I asked them if I could send a prepaid special delivery envelope to send their response. And the person on the phone said it may be too late for that. Fingers crossed.
AALI24 wrote:
skr27 wrote:dear ILR_Applicant_UK and all others..
Hi Skr27,
Mate do you know whether the decision has been made on your application?
I was thinking to Call home office.

skr27

Post by skr27 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:02 am

great news.... :D
My city council called me to say that they have my certificate now. They were on my case since last month as they heard my problem with travel. They have been very very helpful in keeping an eye for my certificate. So as soon as it arrive today, they called me to let me know. Now they are trying to arrange a ceremony as soon as they can, before I leave UK for an overseas appointment which will keep me away from UK till next summer.

thank you all for your support.... don't worry, I am not disappearing yet. will be back to update everything and offer help where I can.

simon1111
Newly Registered

Post by simon1111 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:52 am

skr27 wrote:great news.... :D
My city council called me to say that they have my certificate now. They were on my case since last month as they heard my problem with travel. They have been very very helpful in keeping an eye for my certificate. So as soon as it arrive today, they called me to let me know. Now they are trying to arrange a ceremony as soon as they can, before I leave UK for an overseas appointment which will keep me away from UK till next summer.

thank you all for your support.... don't worry, I am not disappearing yet. will be back to update everything and offer help where I can.

congratulation skr27 cheerful news.

skr27

Post by skr27 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:53 am

Hello again
got my private ceremony booked for this friday. again great help from city council to understand the personal circumstance and do everything they can to organise it with short notice. :D

will not be able to apply for my passport till next summer unless I can apply it overseas using my naturalisation certificate.

papaluna
Newly Registered

waiting times

Post by papaluna » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:12 pm

I applied early july and I have not hear from them. anyone in the same situation? I called HO but there is just a recording and you can not actually talk to a person. very frustrating for all that money. Can anyone tell me how the approval or desapproval envelope looks like? is it obvious home office envelope? I ask because I just fear it get lost.