ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 ILR and Employer Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukmigrant2011

Tier 1 ILR and Employer Letter

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi ,
I am sure this question would have been raised many times in the forum but I am looking for any recent experiences and as well as experts advise.

While applying for Tier 1 ILR do we need to produce Employer Letter. It is not asked in the list of documents required. The reason for asking this is one of my friend is working on deputation for an off-shored based company. He has shifted to Tier 1 2-3 years back and now he is eligible for ILR. As per his off-shore based company rules he is not able to get a letter from them. So we are trying to assess the risk in going for interview with out the employer letter.

he has all his pay-slips, bank statements etc all required to submit the application except the employer letter.

Appreciate your views.
Cheers,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:06 pm

It's not necessary; he doesn't even need to be employed at the time. He merely needs to score the points, have passed the KOL and have no unspent convictions. Additionally he should check to make sure his off-shore secondment has not broken his continuous residence period.

ukmigrant2011

Re: Tier 1 ILR and Employer Letter

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:00 pm

ukmigrant2011 wrote:Hi ,
I am sure this question would have been raised many times in the forum but I am looking for any recent experiences and as well as experts advise.

While applying for Tier 1 ILR do we need to produce Employer Letter. It is not asked in the list of documents required. The reason for asking this is one of my friend is working on deputation for an off-shored based company. He has shifted to Tier 1 2-3 years back and now he is eligible for ILR. As per his off-shore based company rules he is not able to get a letter from them. So we are trying to assess the risk in going for interview with out the employer letter.

he has all his pay-slips, bank statements etc all required to submit the application except the employer letter.

Appreciate your views.
Cheers,
Hi All,
Thought to add an update to my own post.
My friend has got ILR today.
He did not take the employer letter with him. Also the officer did not ask for it.

Thanks.