ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

corby
Newly Registered

ILR Application

Post by corby » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi all,

My case is a bit complicated. I checked the UKBA web site but I couldn't find the answers that I need. I will to try to give a short summary below and then I will ask a few questions.

- I got a Tier 1 General visa on April 2009 (will expire on April 2012).
- I entered to the UK on September 2009 (after 5 months I got my Tier1)
- I started to a postgrad (MSc) program on September 2009 under my Tier 1 General Visa.
- I started to work on March 2011
- I got my MSc degree on May 2011

When will I be able to apply to ILR?

I went abroad several times when I was a student. Is there any case that my absences would be disregarded?

Thanks

PopeyeJLR
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Application

Post by PopeyeJLR » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:36 pm

corby wrote:Hi all,

My case is a bit complicated. I checked the UKBA web site but I couldn't find the answers that I need. I will to try to give a short summary below and then I will ask a few questions.

- I got a Tier 1 General visa on April 2009 (will expire on April 2012).
- I entered to the UK on September 2009 (after 5 months I got my Tier1)
- I started to a postgrad (MSc) program on September 2009 under my Tier 1 General Visa.
- I started to work on March 2011
- I got my MSc degree on May 2011

When will I be able to apply to ILR?

I went abroad several times when I was a student. Is there any case that my absences would be disregarded?

Thanks
Corby,

You have to be legally in full time employment for 5 years. If you started work in say 15th March 2011 then with current laws you will only be able to qualify for ILR on 14th of March 2016. Earliest you can apply would be around 16th of Feb 2016 as per current rules. But rules may change.

Popeye

corby
Newly Registered

Post by corby » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:03 pm

Could you please send me any URL for the current rules where this is written?

Thanks,
Corby

PopeyeJLR
Newly Registered

Post by PopeyeJLR » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:45 am

corby wrote:Could you please send me any URL for the current rules where this is written?

Thanks,
Corby
Corby,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tform/work

According to your original post you will fall under Tier 1 category, select the option then click Continue. the information is the page that will appear with the right form to use. Again this is all acording to current rules.

You may get away with not working for first few years and be able to apply 5 years from your Tier 1 visa date but I can not confirm that but I will look for such information.

I can not help but notice that you started work pretty late and inspite of being on Tier 1 Visa you opted to study. I don't want to know the reasons and I wish you good luck.

PopeyeJLR

I