ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in UK, returning back to India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angie36

ILR in UK, returning back to India

Post by angie36 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:34 am

Hi, i am hoping someone can help.

I am a British Citizen by birth and married to an Indian Citizen.
I am in England he is back in India, at some stage my husband will be applying for a settlement visa to come to the UK then in the future apply for ILR. We are planning in staying in the UK for serveral years but eventually we are both going to go to India to settle. My question is once my husband receives his ILR, will this effect any rights he has in India, ie would he have any restrictions in India, as in how long he can stay in the country etc. He will not be applying for British Citizenship as he and I want he to keep his Indian status.

any help or advice would be appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR in UK, returning back to India

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:11 pm

angie36 wrote:My question is once my husband receives his ILR, will this effect any rights he has in India, ie would he have any restrictions in India, as in how long he can stay in the country etc.
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

angie36

Post by angie36 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:20 pm

thank you, i sort of knew in my mind that his rights wouldnt be effected, but i just wanted a bit of clarity...