ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorced from EEA4 Student

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mobio
Newly Registered

Divorced from EEA4 Student

Post by mobio » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi guys,

I would like to ask some questions regarding a friend of mine.

He was married (non-eu) to an EU girl sometime ago. They got divorced two years ago, however his PR application was refused because his then wife wasn't working at that time.

He has now sent a new application, because at the time his ex-wife was student and his new lawyer thinks that could help him get PR status, even though she wasn't working.

However, after reading this forum, it was mentioned on some threads that as a student you should take a private insurance. My friend said to me that his ex-wife did not get one. So he is wondering if the HO is going to ask about the private insurance for the time she was student, or they're just going to ignore it.

Thank you for your answers.

bobobo

Re: Divorced from EEA4 Student

Post by bobobo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:39 pm

HO will ask for Comprehensive Sickness Insurance, they will not ignore this as there have been many cases where the applciations have been refused due to absence of this. Be careful of lawyers who promise too much for a High fee and then cant deliver. You would rarely need a lawyer for such an application and if a requirement has not been met then the best of lawyers cant do much.
mobio wrote:Hi guys,

I would like to ask some questions regarding a friend of mine.

He was married (non-eu) to an EU girl sometime ago. They got divorced two years ago, however his PR application was refused because his then wife wasn't working at that time.

He has now sent a new application, because at the time his ex-wife was student and his new lawyer thinks that could help him get PR status, even though she wasn't working.

However, after reading this forum, it was mentioned on some threads that as a student you should take a private insurance. My friend said to me that his ex-wife did not get one. So he is wondering if the HO is going to ask about the private insurance for the time she was student, or they're just going to ignore it.

Thank you for your answers.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:47 pm

She could be exempt from CSI if she had applied for a Registration Certificate as a student before June 2011, see the ECIs in Annex B of Chapter 6.