ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) from Tier 2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nchat
Newly Registered

FLR (M) from Tier 2

Post by nchat » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:00 am

Can somebody see if this is enough for a switch to dependent visa from my tier 2 visa. Its an in country application (PEO) and wife is on ILR.

I am really curious about english language related evidence.

1) NARIC Statement of Comparability (to prove that my bachelor degree is equivalent to UK Bachelor degree)
2) NARIC English Language Assessment (to prove that my bachelor degree was taught in english)
3) Marriage certificate
4) 3 months salary account bank statement for my wife.
5) Wife's employment letter (to prove that i do not need state support).
I am employed in Netherlands so cant produce these certificates for myself.
6) 3 months joint account statement.
7) FLR (M) form + fee + fotos.

Is this enough?

nchat
Newly Registered

Post by nchat » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Situation: Indian National. BTech Degree (which appears in UKBA online thing). In country application. Currently on Tier 2. Wife has ILR (HSMP route)

I really need some expert advice here. I am stuck and confused about English language requirements. Successful candidates may help me here please.

I considered two options for English requirements:

NARIC:
I think (not sure) I need two letters from NARIC (statement of compatibility and English assessment) but NARIC is asking for lots of documents to provide these letters. I have Degree certificate and transcripts but that is not sufficient. They need a letter from my Uni that my degree was taught in English. Getting this letter is really time consuming.
-- Do I really need both these letters from NARIC. UKBA site says that just my degree is sufficient but FLR M guidance note says that i need letter(s) from NARIC (It is not clear which documents are required)

Link to UKBA site
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -language/

Language Test:
ESOL certificate takes upto 3 months after completing the exam.
-- Does UKBA accept "Statements of Results" (which is avilable within 2 weeks of exam date) or do they need final "certificate" (takes 3 months).

Experts please do reply.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:36 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

INH
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa

Post by INH » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi, My wife currently on Spouse visa. My understanding is she has to be in the UK for 2 yrs before she can apply for ILR, before her Spouse visa expires she would have miss the 2 yr period by 4 months, (that was due to coming into UK late because our sons visa wasn't sorted).
Do I apply for extension for her visa by FLR form (to cover 4 months) and than apply for ILR after shes met 2yr period or is there a different option? I'm just thinking of the cost here, £550 is for extension, than about £950 for ILR?
Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:19 pm

INH wrote:Do I apply for extension for her visa by FLR form (to cover 4 months) and than apply for ILR after shes met 2yr period
Yes. And she will have to fulfil the new English language requirement.
INH wrote:or is there a different option?
No.

nchat
Newly Registered

Post by nchat » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:50 pm

@ INH: For now, i request that you dont mix two posts. Your queries are a bit different than mine so lets keep them in separate posts.

@ Sushdemehta:

Thats where the confusion is:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -language/

this link says that i need to provide degree certificate only.

and

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... icants.pdf

link says

"(C). have obtained an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational
qualification) which is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard
of a Bachelor's degree in the UK, and provides the specified evidence to
show:
(1) s/he has the qualification, and
(2) that the qualification was taught or researched in English. "

(http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... set/set17/ also says something similar)

My degree is recognized by NARIC and my final certificate does show all the details that are mentioned on UKBA website. But it does not mention that the degree was taught in English. Thats why i am not sure what exactly is required.

This is more or less clear that if my degree is recognized by NARIC (UKBA online calculator) then i need not get any certificate from NARIC but i am not sure whether i need a letter also from my University saying that my degree was taught in english.

------------------------------------------------------

Update: When i read more i found this:

"SET 17.8.1 What is specified evidence?

A certificate issued by the relevant institution confirming the award of the academic qualification. Provisional degree certificates are not acceptable. The certificate should show:

Applicant's name;
The title of award;
Date of award; and
The name of the awarding institution."

AND

"What evidence do I need to supply about my degree?
You will need to supply the original certificate issued by the relevant institution
confirming the award of the academic qualification.
What evidence is needed to show my degree was taught in English?

If an applicant claims that they have completed an academic qualification
taught in English, they must provide the original academic qualification
certificate (provisional academic qualification certificates are not acceptable),
showing:
• the applicant’s name;
• the title of award;
• the date of award; and
• the name of the awarding institution"

Does it mean that my degree is sufficient to prove English requirements. or am i interpreting it in my favour.
Last edited by nchat on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

INH
Newly Registered

Post by INH » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:02 pm

@ nchat...soz, but just one more question than im out... :)

@sushdmehta, Thanks for your response, should ESOL course cover new English language requirement?

Thanks

nchat
Newly Registered

Post by nchat » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:04 pm

INH wrote:
@sushdmehta, Thanks for your response, should ESOL course cover new English language requirement?

Thanks
Yes. List of approved courses is on the link mentioned above by Sushdmehta

INH
Newly Registered

Post by INH » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:10 pm

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:00 pm

nchat wrote:Situation: Indian National. In country application. Currently on Tier 2. Wife has ILR (HSMP route). Applying in person at Croydon PEO.

I had a look at the list of documents required in FLR (M) form. Can somebody give me some feedback on the following points please.

1) Civil marriage certificate: We got married in India. Is the wedding certificate issued by Indian authorities acceptable?
2) Evidence of finances: I am providing bank statements for our joint account. I will also provide my wife's employers letter and bank statement for her salary account. (I am employed with a Dutch company so my salary slips are in Dutch. I dont want to complicate things by giving my documents). Is it enough to give my wife's financial details only? Is there any minimum balance requirement?
3) I also saw lots of people providing co-hab documents, wedding pics etc. I couldnt find any such requirement in FLR (m) form. Do I need to take any such documents with me? We ofcourse have wedding pics etc with us but hardly any document (other than our bank account) is on both of our names.

Thanks.

nchat
Newly Registered

Post by nchat » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:44 am

Anybody?

Sushdmehta: You copied my query but no answer. Your expert opinion please. Or am i missing to refer to any document? As always i think your response will be helpful

nchat
Newly Registered

Post by nchat » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:53 pm

Anybody? It would help if you can comment only on point 3.
3) I also saw lots of people providing co-hab documents, wedding pics etc. I couldnt find any such requirement in FLR (m) form. Do I need to take any such documents with me? We ofcourse have wedding pics etc with us but hardly any document (other than our bank account) is on both of our names.

nchat
Newly Registered

FLR M Appointment on Monday

Post by nchat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:15 pm

Finally I am going to apply for my dependent visa on monday at croydon peo.

I am going to apply with following documents.

1) Marriage certificate
2) 3 months salary account bank statement for my wife.
3) Wife's employment letter (to prove that i do not need state support).
4) 12 months joint account statement. To show that we are staying together
5) FLR (M) form + fee + fotos.
6) Bachelor degree + letter from university stating that the degree was taught in English (Uni is on UKBA points calculator).

I will also keep our NHS GP registration papers (showing same address for me and wife).

Have is missed something obvious?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:32 pm

nchat wrote:All,

I just want to share my experience as I sometimes felt lost during my application process.

(Indian National, Switch from Tier 2 to Dependent Visa, Wife on ILR).

1) English language: I just gave them my Indian Bachelor degree certificate for English language requirements. Case worked checked it in the system (probably the same one as UKBA points based calculator) and it was sufficient.

2) Wedding certificate: I gave my Indian wedding certificate that too given by the Temple (not the one issued by local government). They accepted it.

3) Finances: I did not show any of my income. Income of your partner is sufficient. The closing balance on bank statement was in debit. It wasnt a problem.

4) Cohab: 1 year joint account statement and NHS registration letter.

I did not give any additional document (Wedding pics, Phone bills etc). It was not required.