ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Criteria

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bhuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Salary Criteria

Post by bhuvraj » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

As per UKBA rules applicants Switching from PSW to Tier2 needs to show 6 months+ employment with the employer. My situation is such that I am working for the same company since last 3 years as IT Administrator on part-time basis as I was a student and now I have got PSW visa. My company has a Tier2 License. My question is regarding the 6 months criteria. Do I have to prove that I have been working in the company for more than 6 months or have to prove that I have earned as per £20000 annual salary for past 6 months. Any help in this matter will be very helpful. UKBA does not explain this point in the policy guidance.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:37 pm

you have to prove that you have been working for 6 months on a psw visa for the company.

it doesnt matter what salary you were on for these 6 months.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:46 pm

I think it has to be a full six months in full time work on your PSW status rather than some months part time work as a student and some more months full time on PSW. Wait for more comment.

bhuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Thank You

Post by bhuvraj » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:28 am

arsenal49 wrote:you have to prove that you have been working for 6 months on a psw visa for the company.

it doesnt matter what salary you were on for these 6 months.
Thanx for the info

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:10 pm

But saying it can be six months on any level of salary does not specifically address the question of the six months being in full or part-time work. You might only be referring to a full-time salary that is below the 20K threshold for PSW switching. Can you therefore elaborate on your response?

bhuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Post by bhuvraj » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:51 am

Lucapooka wrote:But saying it can be six months on any level of salary does not specifically address the question of the six months being in full or part-time work. You might only be referring to a full-time salary that is below the 20K threshold for PSW switching. Can you therefore elaborate on your response?
Hi

I was working partime till May 2011 and once I got my PSW I started working full time. The salary was below 20k threshold while working partime.