ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to Tier 2 To ILR - question about overlapping dates

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kishorbm
Newly Registered

WP to Tier 2 To ILR - question about overlapping dates

Post by Kishorbm » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Hello,
I came in UK in Sept 2008 on an old style work permit valid for 5 years. In October 2010 I changed job and got a Tier 2 visa for 3 years until October 2013. At time of resigning from my old job, due to notice period requirements I had to work until 15th October, but had applied for Tier 2 in person at PEO Croydon on 1st of October and thats the date on my letter that I received from home office that day. I started working at my new place on 18th October. I have got 2 years to go for my ILR application, was wondering if this overlapping of dates will cause any problem with my application or not?
Thanks for your time.

babita123
Newly Registered

Post by babita123 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi Kishorbm,

We recently applied for ILR and had the same case. My husband applied for change of employment and got Tier2 visa on 7th June. He worked with the previous employer till 14th June and started with the new employer from 21st June.
When we applied for ILR, I was worried abou the same thing (overlapping dates) but no questions were asked. All the best to you :D

Kishorbm
Newly Registered

Post by Kishorbm » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:49 pm

babita123 wrote:Hi Kishorbm,

We recently applied for ILR and had the same case. My husband applied for change of employment and got Tier2 visa on 7th June. He worked with the previous employer till 14th June and started with the new employer from 21st June.
When we applied for ILR, I was worried abou the same thing (overlapping dates) but no questions were asked. All the best to you :D
Thanks babita for reassurance. Congratulations. Did your husband submit letter from previous employer (did it mention the date he left the job) and P60s?
Thanks again.

babita123
Newly Registered

Post by babita123 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi Kishorbm,

He submitted the P60's for all the years he had worked with the previous employer and the P45 as well. P45 would state the last date of employement. But dont worry it will not be a problem. You do not need any letter from previous employer.

Documents that we submittted were as below:
All our passports, Biometrics, 2 photos each
Previos employment papers which included - all P60's and P45
Work Permit Document
New employer - Most recent 3 months salary slips and bank statements
Letter from Employer
Life in UK test cerificate
Cohabitation Proof

I think I have covered all the documents. Let me know if you need further info.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:27 am

babita123 wrote:
Cohabitation Proof
Which documents did you use for the cohabitation proof?