ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Yas2010 wrote:Does any one know when do u get the TB certificate from the Mirpur office is it the same day?????
I wanted to know the same thing aswel..

Heard that the system is changed there are new regulations with the TB testing now. You have to book an appointment before hand and also you will get the certificate after 7 days.

Wonder if this is for the Mirpur office or Islamabad..

Missy_22

Post by Missy_22 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:09 am

My Hubby got his TB test done in Mirpur, and i'm sure they told him to come back after a couple of hours to collect it on the same day.

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:34 am

shade00 wrote:
Yas2010 wrote:Does any one know when do u get the TB certificate from the Mirpur office is it the same day?????

Heard that the system is changed there are new regulations with the TB testing now. You have to book an appointment before hand and also you will get the certificate after 7 days.

yes the do give you on same day my hubby have it done from mirpur
12/04/2011.applied 18/07/2011 Refused
read for collection..16/2/12 visa GRANTED
Going to apply for stay for hubby 2014
Allah (SWT) is the Greatest..

Talha80
Newly Registered

Post by Talha80 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:54 am

Hi,

Quick question the cover letter I am submitting does that need to be signed by me? as I have sent it without signing or can I sign one now and scan it to my wife to submit with application

Thanks

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:03 pm

any1 in control of the spreadsheet?? nazema sis??...xx

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Yes we got the TB certificate the same day just have to wait couple of hours to get it.

akaamir wrote:
shade00 wrote:

yes the do give you on same day my hubby have it done from mirpur

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:35 am

hi xnailax

I have been busy with my hubby so he settles in.

Is there any updates for me to make on the spreadsheet? I am back in work now and will now be able to update during the week.

I will look thru the pages of the board but if you know of any updates do let me know.

Thanks

Nazema
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... E&hl=en_US

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:39 am

yeh sis..Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! lol xx

submitted on 27/9/11 at islamabad..!!

and immi212 submitted on 7/9/11 at islamabad too...:)

xxxx

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:07 am

Hi
I have been working for 4 months what Tax Document is thier that I can provivde to prove my employment and that i have been paying my taxes
@XNAILAX HOPE UR HUSBAND GETS HIS VISA GOOD LUCKK :D

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:10 am

xnailax,

I have added your details. InshAllah all waiting will be granted visa's.

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:11 am

aaaaa123,

Ring your local tax office (HMRC) and say to them you need a confirmation letter from them that you have been paying tax. They will send a letter which will relate to the previous year stating your income and the tax you have paid.

It takes around about 14 days for this letter to come.

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:35 pm

@nazema
Hi
I have just been working for 4 months this is my first job so do i request a P45 or a conformation letter
I havent been working for so I cant get a conformation letter for the past year

rehan2

Post by rehan2 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:16 pm

Call the HMRC and ask them to send you a PAYE notice....this takes 2 weeks to arrive...it shows your tax code and the tax u will be paying...

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:20 pm

aoa everyone
its been a longtime since i last wrote here, well as some of u may know my wifes visa was rejected BUT HAVE RECEIVED A NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL LETTER TODAY, NEARLY 2 MONTHS AFTER BEING REJECTED.
ANY 1 KNW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:40 pm

Does anyone know how long do they take to give the passport back on appeal Settlement Visa, is it 2 weeks

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Hi
has any1 done thier english teat in Mirpur how long does the certificate it take to come

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:00 pm

Yas2010 wrote:Does anyone know how long do they take to give the passport back on appeal Settlement Visa, is it 2 weeks
usually takes about a month but cud be more or cud be less

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Food for Thought---- changes proposed for spouse visa to come into force soon

Anyway, the proposals seem to be as follows:

Ban on foreign spouses sponsoring another spouse within five years of entry

Ban on sponsoring spouses for ten years following a conviction relating to sham marriages or bigamy

Ban on sponsoring spouses following a conviction for domestic violence or being a respondent to a Forced Marriage Prevention Order (presumably a full order rather than an interim one)

Curtailment of existing leave if involved in a sham marriage (the law already allows this anyway: see para 322(2) of the rules)

Necessity to speak a common language and know ‘the most basic facts about each other’. This would appear to require interviews by immigration officials, which UKBA has all but eliminated in the last few years. It is difficult to see how this would work with the current ‘hub and spoke’ visa operation.
An initial grant of only 12 months leave to enter where the relationship is less than 12 months old. The reference is to relationship rather than marriage. It is difficult to see how this would work in entry clearance cases – will letters, emails and evidence of telephone contact be required? Such evidence is usually presented anyway, although not covering a 12 month period. This proposal will certainly affect arranged marriage cases.

Extend probationary period for spouses to five years. It was only a year under the last Tory Government, back in 1997, and was then increased to two years by David Blunkett.

A new ‘attachment’ requirement is proposed, with reference to the requirements in Denmark. Those are that the sponsor has resided legally for 15 years and the spouse has visited at least twice. For spouses from relatively poor countries such a requirement would be very difficult to satisfy, particularly given the abysmal quality of decision making at some entry clearance posts. This proposal looks like a straw man, deliberately included for the specific purpose of jettisoning it after the consultation. In the mean time it attracts the most effort and ire from respondents to the consultation and it makes the Government look reasonable even though the other proposals are adopted wholesale.

An allegation of sham marriage may be made a lawful impediment to marriage, causing a delay and postponement while such an allegation is investigated.

Requests of social services departments to conduct an enquiry into the capacity to marry of any person with learning disabilities or belonging to another particularly vulnerable group. Depending on how it is done, this may amount to an unlawful interference with the right to marry. The courts have approached this subject with considerable sensitivity, but the same cannot be expected of the UK Border Agency nor even social workers unfamiliar with key legal authorities. See the case of In the matter of SA [2005] EWHC 2942 (Fam), [2006] 1 FLR 867.

A new minimum income level in excess of the Income Support level. The (No) Migration Advisory Committee has been asked to advise. Apparently a figure of around £24,000 is being contemplated.

Third party support to be scrapped (again) or limited to cases where there are compelling and compassionate circumstances.

Some sort of change to the accommodation requirement, seemingly formalising the requirement to obtain confirmation from a local authority that accommodation will not be overcrowded where there is no formal mortgage or tenancy agreement.

Outside the spouse route, the abolition of indefinite leave to enter for adult dependents.

Imposition of English language requirements for children aged 16-17 and for adult dependents under the age of 65, with B1 being the required standard for adults.

Family visit appeals to be scrapped (again). The idea that a new application to the ECOs at Islamabad or Dhaka is an adequate remedy is absurd. Judicial review is likely to burgeon.

abman51
Newly Registered

Post by abman51 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:27 pm

How soon is soon?

farzana_uk
Newly Registered

Post by farzana_uk » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:34 pm

£24,000! Is that how much a person should be earning before they can sponser there spouse.
That seems too high.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:08 am

wht the hell..

that was a mouthfull init!!!

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:09 am

nazema sis..u hav made an date error on da spreadsheet..i submitted on 27th of september 2011...lol..not august

FaithHill

Hi Everyone!

Post by FaithHill » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:24 am

Here after a long long time. Hope everyone's getting good news about their visas :) how's Shadow , where's he , @shadow what's the progress of wife's application? Hope everything 's going fine [/b]

nazema

Post by nazema » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:31 am

xnailax

Apologises - I have amended it.

FaithHill - Shadow Bhai's wife got her Visa and has come to UK

nazema

Post by nazema » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:32 am

£24,000.00 is a lot - in this recession, not many people would be earning such an amount and it is just a way to make it more difficult for genuine couples