ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Social Welfare

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rachel29

Social Welfare

Post by rachel29 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi,

I am hoping of some information from someone who knows about social welfare in Republic of Ireland. If me and my husband are not working in ireland and were able to claim jobseekers/social welfare how much would we get a week as a couple with any deductions such as tax etc?

Can I also make it clear that I am not inteding to claim benefit it is for an immigration case I need to be aware of the amount a couple would get as I have ben told to show we have more than that amount avaliable.

:?:

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:58 pm

I think around 140 a week is jobseeker's benefit 180 is allowance (means tested etc). askaboutmoney is where you find info regarding welfare etc. this board is for immigration purposes only. as far as immigration is concerned it will go against you regarding citizenship/ltr/wcatt if you to apply. But again INIS take it on case by case basis.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:27 am

you can check in website www.welfare.ie

rachel29

Post by rachel29 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi am not actually wanting to claim welfare at all but have been told that to qualify as sufficent funds that we have to have at least the amount that people on social welfare would get a week, this is why I am wondering how much this is incase at some point they come back and say no you are not get enough money .

Irisheddy

Post by Irisheddy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:50 pm

If it is any help they say that social welfare will be reduced in the forthcoming budget. details will be announced soon.