ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Stamp 4 - do we really need to do EU1 Fam app?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntlFamilyAbroad
Newly Registered

Applying for Stamp 4 - do we really need to do EU1 Fam app?

Post by IntlFamilyAbroad » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:10 am

I am an EU citizen, and will be working in Ireland for only 7 months. My spouse is a non-EEA national. We received a long stay D visa before we arrived, which is good for the whole 7 months, up until May 2012, but his passport was only stamped for 30 days on entry into Ireland.

We went to INIS today to register for the GNIB, as instructed. When we got there we were told we had to apply for the EU1 visa first - from what I understand, this visa takes about 6 months to process, in which time we would be leaving, so we weren't planning on applying for it, just registering then getting a re-entry visa for the time being. The guy at the INIS office was very rude and unhelpful, and told us it wasn't his job to answer questions.

It sounds like a lot of documents are needed for the EU 1 visa, like utility bills, proof of address etc, which we don't have yet because we only just moved here. I'm worried if we have to get all this paperwork first, we won't be able to register before the 30 days is up. Can anyone help?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Unfortunately, the guy in INIS is correct.

Non-EU nationals who are family members of EU nationals exercising their EU treaty rights in Ireland must apply for a residence card using Form EU1.

Perhaps gather as much of the listed documentation as you can and send it in with the application form and a covering letter stating that you only intend to reside in Ireland for a period of 7 months and would it be possible to be given a stamp 4 for that period of time. Also state in your covering letter that you are worried that he will not be able to register in time as you have only arrived in the country and will not have all of the required documents. As soon as you sign a rental lease and set up a bank account and get one paper bill, send all of these into INIS. You should send everything by registered post also.

Does your husband plan to work in Ireland? If so, he will not technically* be allowed until he receives a certificate of application from INIS and with that a letter to report to the GNIB to register and receive a temporary stamp 4 for a period of 6 months.

*By law he is allowed work although it may prove difficult finding employment with no piece of paper stating that he is allowed to work.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

adeel_x2004
Newly Registered

EU 1

Post by adeel_x2004 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:08 pm

I am an eu citizen and married to a non eu .. as we applied for his residence card on 10th august and got back a letter after a week asking for more documents.
as we provided all the documents asked on the form EU1 , except Prtb letter,
So in the first application we sent all the documents what we asked for except prtb... but when we got a letter back from INIS they asked me to provide three things ....

* Provide more satisfactory evidence of relationship (that you relationship has been in existence for at least two years) such as , joint bank accounts, joint utility bills, joint lease agreement, photos etc.

* they asked me to provide a letter from my employer saying that my job is not a temporary job and i am working there permanently , as in the first letter i got from my employer he didnt mention whether the job is permanent or temporary ...

* PRTB letter on both names.

So ;

I accept for PRTB and my about my employer letter.

But about satisfactory evidence of relationship which is in existence for atleast two years , what is this ?

as we sent joint lease agreement in the first application and marriage certificate itself , like we didnt apply under de facto we applied under spouse of EU...

(WE MET IN JAN 2010 , I GOT PREGNANT MARCH 2010 AND BABY WAS BORN DECEMBER 2010, WE GOT MARRIED MAY 2011 , that much happend in all this time but still these arnt two years , so we dont have any thing joint atleast two years old)

we dont have joint accounts , we dont have cinemas ticekts as we have been going to cinemas but who keeps cinema tickets and there are no names on cinema tickets , and we havnt traveled outside ireland together so we dont have any travel tickets .. what we have , our pictures , house lease the last one and the new one , and we have a our baby's birth cert ..

NOW WE HAVE GOT PRTB LETTERS.

QUESTION 1 -
I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER JOB ITS PERMANENT BUT THE CONTRACT IS CASUAL , I HAVE BEEN WORKING THERE FOR A MONTH 45 TO 52 HRS A WEEK. ITS JUST WRITTEN ON MY CONTRACT , CASUAL
I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS ANY PROBLEM IN INIS FOR HAVING A CASUAL JOB ?

QUESTION 2 -
AND I WILL SEND THEM MY OLD HOUSE LEASE ON ME AND MY HUSBAND'S NAME , OUR PHOTOS AND OUR SON BIRTH CERT.
WHAT YOU SUGGEST ?

It has become very complicated ,

any help would be really appreciated..

Thanks in Advance ...

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:35 pm

It is not good to post the same thing in multiple threads. It is not helpful to you nor other posters. I have answered your question (see below) but in future, it might be better to start your own thread(discussion).

See my reply in the previous topic.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton