ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - HSMP JF, income lower than £10k in past year

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ea64
Newly Registered

ILR - HSMP JF, income lower than £10k in past year

Post by ea64 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi,

I got an HSMP for two years then a Tier 1 extension for three. I want to apply for ILR under HSMP JF but I am not sure that I can get it as in the past year my income has been lower than £10k. I have been economically active the whole year but haven't managed to get another job and have been living of savings from previous years.
Is this salary too low to be granted ILR under the HSMP JF? I guess in my circumstances, this is the only chance I have to stay

Also, In 2008 I was not economically active for 6 months so that year the income was low as well. And five of those six months I spent them abroad.

What can I do?

I've been trying to get the Appendix F but paragraphs 135D-135F are deleted, anyone has a copy? I think those points were quite specific about income and absences.

Thanks for your help
Last edited by ea64 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:44 pm

obviously I am not an expert....but I don't think the 10k issue would hold you back as you say you had been economically active if you have the payslips and statements to back this up.

However spending 5 months at a strech out of uk would definitely be a problem! unless for compassionate circumstances. I don't think there is a realistic chance of ILR with 5 months absence. you said this is the only way you can stay in the uk but I think you can again apply for further leave toi remain if you are covered by JR.

I am sure the experts in this forum would keep you right, just giving you my understanding of the things all the best

winsome

Re: ILR - HSMP JF, income lower than £10k in past year

Post by winsome » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:36 am

whats HSMP JF ?

ea64
Newly Registered

Post by ea64 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:15 am

Thank you Dr_raihan, I suspected both income and absences would be a problem so if the £10k salary is not a problem that is already a relieve. Hope some more insight is on the way about what to do with the absence and the options to stay.

To winsome:
HSMP JR = Highly Skilled Migrant Programme Judicial Forum which established that people who entered under the HSMP scheme should be considered under the immigration rules at the time rather than the present one.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - HSMP JF, income lower than £10k in past year

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:28 pm

ea64 wrote:I've been trying to get the Appendix F but paragraphs 135D-135F are deleted, anyone has a copy? I think those points were quite specific about income and absences.
See the response to your original query on this issue.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!