ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Application refused

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arslaan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Application refused

Post by Arslaan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm living in UK for last 5 years, my current leave as Tier 4 (student) expires on 01/11/2011. I applied for Tier 2 visa and my application is refused. The reason is

You have not met the requirements of paragraph 245HD(g) of Immigration Rules, which states that:

an applicant who was last granted leave as a Student, a Student Re-Sitting an Examination, a Student Nurse, a Student Union Sabbatical Officer, or a Tier 4 Migrant must have completed studying a course of study of at least one academic year in duration during that period of leave.

My last course was 3 year course which required work placement as well. I completed my 2 years in course along with work placement but then lost my job due to recession. I tried almost everywhere to find job/work placement so I can complete my course but didn't succeeded. In the meantime, came across a job related to my previous education, I applied for it and luckily got the job offer.

Need advise, what should I do now, shall I appeal against the refusal or shall I go back to my home country and apply from there as fresh application? Also my passports were retained as well.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:54 pm

I don't think appealing the refusal will get you anywhere .. because you do not meet the requirements.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Arslaan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Arslaan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:17 pm

sushdmehta wrote:I don't think appealing the refusal will get you anywhere .. because you do not meet the requirements.
even though my new job offer has nothing to do with my current course??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:37 am

You haven't "completed" your course, so you clearly do not fulfil this requirement.

Whether the job offer you have received is in the same field as your unfinished course or in another unrelated field is immaterial.

bastagol
Newly Registered

Post by bastagol » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:54 am

This is soley my opinion and might not work at all, do check if that is possible.

Appeal against the decision so you dont get overstayed. In the mean time apply for Psw. and continue working for the employer once you get psw

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:01 am

Can you describe your course with work placement; was this full or part time? I trying to understand how this fits in with the work restrictions of a Tier 4 visa.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:47 pm

bastagol wrote:Appeal against the decision so you dont get overstayed. In the mean time apply for Psw. and continue working for the employer once you get psw
When an appeal is pending, a new application for leave to remain cannot be made. Also, with the information given (course not completed), on what basis will OP apply for Tier 1 (PSW)?

Arslaan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Arslaan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Can you describe your course with work placement; was this full or part time? I trying to understand how this fits in with the work restrictions of a Tier 4 visa.
My course was Dispensing Optician (Part Time) which require work placement along with course for same duration. I completed first 2 years and then lost work placement so couldn't carry on the course.

Thanks for your replies, I've made my mind to go back and apply from outside the UK for work visa cause I still score 75 points under PBS system and my course worker even said, if I do that, there is no reason why I shouldn't get the visa.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:36 pm

There is no restriction, as specified in 245HD(g), when applying for entry clearance (245HB), so you have been advised correctly.

That said, how did you manage to get Tier 4 leave for a "part-time" course?
Devilz wrote:My course was Dispensing Optician (Part Time)

Arslaan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Arslaan » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:55 am

just to upadate this thread, i went with appeal and judge took only 5 minutes to reverse the decision and I was granted tier 2 visa till 2014.

mamuka
Newly Registered

Post by mamuka » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am

Hi there,
I have an identical situation please advise how you managed to sort it out, 7 days left for appeal, my mail is kandelakim@yahoo.com , t hanks, I really need help