ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post ILR questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

freedom4all
Newly Registered

Post ILR questions

Post by freedom4all » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi all,

Just got my ILR today on long residence.
Thanks go tothis forum for helpful posts/information.

I have couple of things I would like to ask.

1. I have 3 dependents (wife and 2 kids, 3 and 1 year old).
They still have their PSW dependent biometric visa. Is that visa invalid now as i received indefinite?

2. Also me and my wife are working. Any useful ideas/advice that we can benefit from after i got the ILR now? (tax credit, child fund etc)

Any advice is much appreciated.

Regards and good luck to others who are still waiting for their passports. :D :D

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Firstly, where were the children born? In the UK? If yes, they are now eligible to apply for Registration as British under section 1(3), an entitlement application .... no UKBA discretion.

Your wife? She should now apply on form FLR(M) for a 2-year spouse visa, near the end of which she can apply for her own ILR.

Benefits? Now that you have your ILR there is no problem claiming any benefits that your circumstances dictate you are entitled to. That will certainly include Child Benefit, which is currently not means-tested, and also Tax Credits, if the family income is less than £40000 pa.

Child Trust Fund? Now abolished.
John