ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship via Stamp 3 advice

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drsieglinde
Newly Registered

Citizenship via Stamp 3 advice

Post by drsieglinde » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:30 pm

Hi everyone,

Looking to see if anyone has a similar experience or any experience applying under a Stamp 3, particularly as a voluntary worker?

I'm about to apply for Irish Citizenship via naturalisation after residing here 5 years. I'm a US citizen and came over as a voluntary worker (self-funded, privately insured and never claiming social benefits) under a Stamp 3 for the first 3 years. I was then on a Stamp 4 for 2 years due to being in a de facto relationship with an Irish citizen. I never entered employment under that Stamp 4 so have also never paid taxes in Ireland (only in the US) and have never received P21/P60 since all of my funding comes from the USA.

I was put back on a Stamp 3 this year after that relationship ended and am still self-funded.

I suppose I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on what to include in lieu of employment letters or payslips. In the past I've had official letters from my sponsors and have been able to provide bank statements from my Irish and US accounts to show income coming in.

Also, does anyone know if I should have been/should be paying Irish taxes as well? I've had a hard time getting a straight answer from anyone. I'm very willing to and hope I didn't make a huge error by not doing so but am not even sure how I'd go about it if that's the case.

I'd hope my application will be pretty straight forward but I want to make sure I get as much of it right as possible on the first go.

Any similar situations or advice on any of this?

Thanks to everyone posting with their experiences.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:03 am

I think there is not a definitive requirement that an applicant has to pay taxes to get citizenship here in Ireland it makes the case more stronger though. Once you have not claimed social welfare from the state/not burden by any means and no criminal/civil proceedings in the courts as it is in your case you should be fine. I suppose you should attach all the sponsor letters/US & Irish bank statements and health insurance etc.