ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successfull TIER 1 General extension at PEO Croydon

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nazbe
Newly Registered

Successfull TIER 1 General extension at PEO Croydon

Post by nazbe » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Dear all,

Firstly I must thank everyone in this forum for their wonderful postings which was helpfull for us during our TIER 1 extension. Today (28/09/2011) we had our Tier 1 extension interview and was successfull. I thought to share my experience with everyone.

Timelines :-

Initial application was approved on 01/10/2008
For 3 years ending 01/10/2011
Appointment was made for 28/09/2011

New visa duration : 28/09/2011 - 28/09/2013
(DATE OF ENDING IS 28/09/2013 NOT 01/10/2013 AS I EXPECTED BASED ON THE REPLY FROM SENIORS, SO ANY ONE WHO IS WORRIED ABOUT THE DATES, IT IS EXACTLY 2 YEARS FROM THE DATE UKBA MAKES THE DECISION)

I submitted my application as well as my dependants together. We were both present.

Appointment was at 9.15 we arrived at 8.30 but the security only took us in at 8.45 so make sure you go exactly half an hour before your interview.

Documents submitted

Application for the main applicant
Application of the dependant
Both passports
2 Photos of each
12 months payslips (Oct-10 to Sept 2011)
P60 (UK tax certificate) for year ending 31st March 2011
Online bank statement printer (April 2010-31 March 2011 since I get annual online statements) This statement was stamped by my bank (Barclays)
From April to September 2011 statement printed from the bank till (again stamped by my bank , since I was under annual online statement I had to print the statement from the bank till)

I did give the case worker our marriage certificate, but she said not necessary.

NAME DIFFERENCE

My name in the pay slip was completely different to my legal name. For eg. I call my self Nazma Begum but my real name is Aynul Nazma Adam Bava, I was bit worried about it. I did take an affidavit signed by my solicitor and my self confirming both names are of one person.(If any one need the format do let me know I don't mind sharing) but the case worker didn't ask anything about it.

I also sent an email to my employer and got my name changed in company database on monday. I took printout of that emails as well. But since the case worker didn't ask I didn't worry.

One thing I did is, in my bank statements (my bank is under my legal name) I highlighted the salary going in and corresponding amount in my payslips. May be the case worker was happy with the bank statements and P60. (even my P60 was under my short name)

So any one worring about the name, relax!

I think I don't need to write the procedure, since when you go to PEO they guide you on every step, where to go what to do etc etc.

We had to wait long, until we met case worker, once the documents went to the case worker, it might have taken less than one hour. We left PEO around 12ish..

Now we have to waith 7-10 days to get the Bio metric card, visa sticker was not pasted on our passport. Instead they gave us a letter confirming approval and said will get the BM card soon.

If any one has any doubt pls do ask.. while the mind is fresh.. or else later I might forget :-)

I am very happy and relaxed today.. thank you everybody!

wasim_n

Post by wasim_n » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Congratulations :)

Just curious, what was your salary bracket, you dont
Need to be specific, it will help me to plan accordingly,
Thanks.

Hope you have a blast today.

nazbe
Newly Registered

Post by nazbe » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:06 pm

[quote="wasim_n"]Congratulations :)

Thanks.

THank you :)
MY salary 33000 per annum

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:45 am

nazbe wrote:
wasim_n wrote:Congratulations :)

Thanks.

How will someone else's salary information help you plan? There are other variables too (age, qualification).

wasim_n

Post by wasim_n » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:20 am

mulderpf wrote:
nazbe wrote:
wasim_n wrote:Congratulations :)

Thanks.

How will someone else's salary information help you plan? There are other variables too (age, qualification).
I know that there are other factors to consider apart from earnings, i was bit confused on the salary scale, after her reply i presume there shouldn't be any problem.

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hi there;

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Good to hear about your success. I am planning to apply for extension in december 2011. It wud be great to take assistance from you in this regard. Is it possible to have your email address, to discuss it in detail ?

I wud remain thankful to you for this.

Takecare and Have a good time...
Regards,

Zeeshan

westwestwest
Newly Registered

Post by westwestwest » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:38 am

Nazbe, thank you for sharing your experience. I have to apply extensions in mid December, and am thinking to do it at Croydon PEO. Could you please help me with the following questions? Thank you very much.

1. You mentioned "visa stickers were not pasted on our passports", what did you mean exactly? no new visa stamped on your passport?

2. Could you please confirm you get all your original documents, most importantly your passports, back immediately after your interview? and no need at all to leave your passports to them for further processing? I don't trust Royal mail and Home Office and really hate to put my passports at risk.

3. I understand you went to your interview with your dependent. Do you know if it is an requirement for dependents to show up at the same time? I have a young child as one of my dependents, would like to keep him out of this hassle if possible.

4. How many weeks in advance you booked your appointment?

Thank you for your time.

nazbe
Newly Registered

Post by nazbe » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Apologies for delay in reply

1. You mentioned "visa stickers were not pasted on our passports", what did you mean exactly? no new visa stamped on your passport?
.. well the new way is they don't paste any sticker or anything in your passport, they will give your letter confirming your visa is extended and send a biometric card , like a driving licence you will get a card via post giving all your details, photo, etc in it...

2. Could you please confirm you get all your original documents, most importantly your passports, back immediately after your interview? and no need at all to leave your passports to them for further processing? I don't trust Royal mail and Home Office and really hate to put my passports at risk.

.. if you go in person for your extension, yes then they will return your passport immediately (Tier 1 General extension). They will not keep it with them.

3. I understand you went to your interview with your dependent. Do you know if it is an requirement for dependents to show up at the same time? I have a young child as one of my dependents, would like to keep him out of this hassle if possible.

.. My dependant came with me, I am not sure of any exceptional situations. Might as well check with UKBA helpline...

4. How many weeks in advance you booked your appointment?

... my visa was expiring on the 1st October, I booked my appointment for 28th september (Because I was confident of all my documents, if you have doubts might as well book yours 2-3 weeks prior, just in case if something goes wrong you will have enough time to rectify)

I would recommend to any one, if you have enough money then go for in person application. Dress smart when you go so they will know you are a professional and you are confident of what you doing.

Good Luck!

[/b]

nazbe
Newly Registered

Re: Successfull TIER 1 General extension at PEO Croydon

Post by nazbe » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Good news, we received the letter of delivery for our Bio metric card on the 05th October. Since we both work, we had to re-direct it to our work address. Hopefully should get it on the 07th October.

I'll let you all know what it looks like! That will be my Tier 1 (G) Licence !!! :-)

I must add a point to my message:

When we prepared for our extension, one thing I did was reading all relevant postings in this forum. (Only recent ones)
Next thing is preparation, I printed the application forms and guidelines and filled it line by line. Actually we did it end July may be. Then made a note of the documents we need for evidence. Remember read the guidelines and the forms. All the answers for your questions are there.

Again we took our forms out and checked them end August, we spotted few errors (eg. spelling mistakes ) then corrected them (replaced the page entirely, no tipex or erasing or cuts)

Again we reviewed it 3 days before our interview, believe me we had one tiny error as well. made sure every pages signed properly. Organized our files, evidence etc. Photos as per guideline.

The day before interview, we made sure every single document we are taking is put in my hand bag.

So lot of organizing and preparing before going for it. So there is no luck only well preparation of the whole thing !

westwestwest
Newly Registered

Post by westwestwest » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Nazbe, thank you for your detailed answer, and I can see you have prepared really well for your application. Could you please help me again with some questions on application documents?

1. Do they require P60 or any other tax record?
2. Do they require Police registration certificate?
3. Do they require any proof on academic degree? (the application form says not necessary for T1 extension, just would like to confirm this.)
4. You said they do not need marriage certificate, then any other documents required as proof of the relationship between the main applicant and dependents?

Thank you.

nazbe
Newly Registered

Post by nazbe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:08 am

1. Do they require P60 or any other tax record?

As per the application form section J,

"Supporting Evidence for Previous Earnings Claimed
The applicant should be aware that at least two types of documentation for each source of earnings must be provided (Self employed applicants must also provide an additional document as listed in the guidance). If earnings from any one source have been paid in more than one way (for example, payment for a period of employment by means of a monthly salary and a dividend), two types of documentation must be provided in respect of each part of the payment claimed. The supporting evidence must be from separate sources and must corroborate with one another to clearly support the earnings claimed. Accountants providing evidence must be appropriately regulated, and evidence of registration must be provided."

You need to submit two evidence, for my safety I submitted three, bank statements, pay slips and P60. As I explained had a name difference in P60/pay slip and my legal name.

2. Do they require Police registration certificate?
They didn't ask any from me, since I have no convictions. If you do then check the guidelines what evidence they ask for.

3. Do they require any proof on academic degree? (the application form says not necessary for T1 extension, just would like to confirm this.)
For safe side, I did take mine. No harm done, but they didn't ask any way.

4. You said they do not need marriage certificate, then any other documents required as proof of the relationship between the main applicant and dependents?

I asked this question from my self as well. It could be because it was already proven during initial application. But I highly recommend take it with you. If the case worker returns to you then fine, or else do keep it with your application.

Hope this helps.

nazbe
Newly Registered

Re: Successfull TIER 1 General extension at PEO Croydon

Post by nazbe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:25 pm

Yes ! I've got my Biometric card or the Residence permit (just like UK driving licence) delivered to my work address today. I had to sign for it though!

Now that's the end of until September 2013!!!

westwestwest
Newly Registered

Post by westwestwest » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:59 pm

nazbe, thank you very much for your help. Best luck of everything!

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Nazbe,

Congratulations on your extension...... I am really shocked to hear that the silly bugger didn't gave you 2 extra days to make your 5 years period. I have read so many posts here where people got months extra to cover their 5 year period.

I am going for my extension at croydon peo in few months which will be a month prior to my visa time runs out. Wish I don't get the same case worker as yours. He/she must be really stiff. :lol: With 3 dependants the cost of visa is quite overwhelming. Can't even imagine of spending that kind of money twice.

Anyways, good luck and god bless.