ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

breaks in employment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

breaks in employment

Post by rshelar » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how the earnings criteria is impacted if there are breaks in employment.

The requirement is to provide proof of earnings in 12 consecutivemonths in a 15 month period.

Say I am applying in Oct 2011 and my periods of employment are -

Mar 2011 - July 2011 (5 months)
Nov 2010 - Jan 2011 (2 months)

Since I was on a good salary I meet the salary requirements in just 7 months, however rest have been periods of unemployment and the last payslip is from July while I may apply in the month of October.

Would this cause any problem ?

This is for a Tier 1 General extension application.

Thanks and Regards

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: breaks in employment

Post by ScopeD » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:13 pm

rshelar wrote:Hi,

Can someone please tell me how the earnings criteria is impacted if there are breaks in employment.

The requirement is to provide proof of earnings in 12 consecutivemonths in a 15 month period.
No impact, as long as you have enough to score the minimum points. You can apply any time, as long as your less than 12 mnths salary gives you the qualifying points, that's all you need. Guidance policy does clarify this point.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:38 pm

Thanks for clarification.

I saw that in the guidance notes, but the website says for a full 12 month period.

Also, does the same rule applies for ILR too?

Is it ok if I apply for ILR while still being unemployed (on a Tier 1).

Regards