ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Post Graduate Evaluation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anishpadela

Indian Post Graduate Evaluation

Post by anishpadela » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:08 am

Hi,

I have done B.Sc. from Saurashtra University (3 years - Full Time) and Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBM) (2 years - Full Time) from Tolani Institute of Management Studies, Adipur, Kutch.
PG institute is recongnised by All Indian Council for Technical Institure (AICTE).

I have claimed 25 points as Masters Degree. Will it be acceptable???

Please let me know if someone has any idea???

Thanks in advance,

Rgds
Anees

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:19 am

P.G = masters ? Not posible. Almost all degree courses are recognised by u.k. It is a better practice to get it notorised by the ministry of education [your original degree certificate]. I did it for getting visa for my parents. It costs around 1500 Rs per certificate. My consultant was very happy to see my notorised certificate, he said "this is the best thing you did".

I would suggest you not to claim points which you can not prove. Or else you may have to face troubles later.

anishpadela

Re: hi

Post by anishpadela » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:31 am

raoms wrote:P.G = masters ? Not posible. Almost all degree courses are recognised by u.k. It is a better practice to get it notorised by the ministry of education [your original degree certificate]. I did it for getting visa for my parents. It costs around 1500 Rs per certificate. My consultant was very happy to see my notorised certificate, he said "this is the best thing you did".

I would suggest you not to claim points which you can not prove. Or else you may have to face troubles later.
Hi Roams

Thanks for the reply.
Well both degrees are notarised by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, India.
I did this long back when I came to UAE so they are duly attested by Indian as well as UAE authority.

And the institute where I have studied is autonomus and directly affiliated with AICTE not from any University. Its more like PGDBM from IIMs.

Will it be OK??

Rgds
Anees

simar

Post by simar » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:06 am

Hi anishpadela,
I guess u will get 15 points for ur education. Had u have done Masters in Science i.e. in continuation with the B.Sc , u could have got 25 points.
On the notary issue, I guess u better send the original certificate. The hsmp will evaluate ur degree. I did the same last time & did get points on education. They may award on notary photocopy or may ask for original. This will be at their discretion that can postpone ur case.

simar

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:28 am

simar wrote:Hi anishpadela,
I guess u will get 15 points for ur education. Had u have done Masters in Science i.e. in continuation with the B.Sc , u could have got 25 points.
On the notary issue, I guess u better send the original certificate. The hsmp will evaluate ur degree. I did the same last time & did get points on education. They may award on notary photocopy or may ask for original. This will be at their discretion that can postpone ur case.

simar
Hi Simar

I did B.Sc. in Science and then PGBDM (Marketing).
Total 17 years of education (10+2+3+2 scheme).

I have send original certificates with notary stamps at backside.

So whats your opinion now?

Rgds
Anees

simar

Post by simar » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:44 am

Hi anishpadela,
I wonder why did u temper with ur original certificate. Remain it as u gets from university. Anyway I guess/hope stamping on backside should be fine. Bit novice on such practice.
On ur 17 years things, what matters is what exactly did u study in those years.
That last 2 years is for master’s degree with specialization in further particular field in which u did graduation. Here I guess u deviate from ur main science subject line. However , in case u did get 25 points, please do share ur experience for the benefit of others.
Best of luck

Simar

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:45 am

sorry to say that PG is not recognised as masters. you can get only 15 points for your education.

simar,
By notarising the degree, I meant the original getting notorised. Since anish working in UAE he understands it better. The travel agents in india do this notorization of original degree. The procedure is simple, you give it to a travel agent they send it to delhi ministry of education. Within a month you will get back your degree notorised by ministry of education. I hope you got it.

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:08 am

simar wrote:Hi anishpadela,
I wonder why did u temper with ur original certificate. Remain it as u gets from university. Anyway I guess/hope stamping on backside should be fine. Bit novice on such practice.
On ur 17 years things, what matters is what exactly did u study in those years.
That last 2 years is for master’s degree with specialization in further particular field in which u did graduation. Here I guess u deviate from ur main science subject line. However , in case u did get 25 points, please do share ur experience for the benefit of others.
Best of luck

Simar
Hi Simar

Well I guess this devaiation will not affect the point awards. As PGBDM requires bachelor's degree from any field so even if I deviate from Science to Mgmt. I can expect the points.

The point is equivalance of PG Vs Masters
Institute always says that PG Diploma is equivalent to Masters as what people study in PG Diploma is same as Masters...

Even if I got 15 points, I will quality as I have claimed 80 points in total. After deducting this 15 points, I will stand at 65 so still I meet the cut off.

Rgds
Anees

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:11 am

raoms wrote:sorry to say that PG is not recognised as masters. you can get only 15 points for your education.

simar,
By notarising the degree, I meant the original getting notorised. Since anish working in UAE he understands it better. The travel agents in india do this notorization of original degree. The procedure is simple, you give it to a travel agent they send it to delhi ministry of education. Within a month you will get back your degree notorised by ministry of education. I hope you got it.
Hi Raoms

According to your view, Even If I have 17 years of education, sending notarised orignal certificates, having the same curriculam as Masters, I will get 15 points only??

Not fair, dear...

I disucssed this with my consultant and he said I can get 25 as PG was done after bachlors and it was full time with govt. recognised institute.

What say now???

Rgds
Anees

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:21 am

In the hsmp decision letter they will state how many points you got. So lets wait till then.

as such in their site they said
Masters Degree (eg MA, MSc or MBA) or Professional Level Qualification (eg Chartered Accountant) - 25 points

so if they consider your PG as professional level then you may get 25 pts.
Anyway lets wait for your result. If you are alloted 25 pts. then please share since it will be good for other new applicants.

My case is similar to you. but still I applied for 15 pts only.

Pl. note : What is fare ???....live it to HSMP team. :roll:

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:12 pm

raoms wrote:In the hsmp decision letter they will state how many points you got. So lets wait till then.

as such in their site they said
Masters Degree (eg MA, MSc or MBA) or Professional Level Qualification (eg Chartered Accountant) - 25 points

so if they consider your PG as professional level then you may get 25 pts.
Anyway lets wait for your result. If you are alloted 25 pts. then please share since it will be good for other new applicants.

My case is similar to you. but still I applied for 15 pts only.

Pl. note : What is fare ???....live it to HSMP team. :roll:

Hi,

When your file was received and when you are expecting your decision?

Mine was received on 19th May, 04 and I expect the decision by mid of September looking at current situation.

Anees

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:32 am

my appl. was through a consultant. It was filed on 1st april. ref no 162xx. I am not very sure of the date of receipt. From last 15 days there is no update. 2 weeks back HO mailed me saying presently it is taking 16 weeks for processing.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:35 am

Although NARIC acknowledges all indian degrees as british equivalent, the diploma's are badly treated or maybe trashed is a better word. My husband has a Bachelors degree and 2 yrs full time PG diploma. We got his education equivalence done from NARIC which refused him PG status.

As a result of this he did not apply for HSMP. He will be completing his MBA in January and may apply after that. We were consulting a consultant for his case who also advised the same.
Mini

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:20 am

Mini wrote:Although NARIC acknowledges all indian degrees as british equivalent, the diploma's are badly treated or maybe trashed is a better word. My husband has a Bachelors degree and 2 yrs full time PG diploma. We got his education equivalence done from NARIC which refused him PG status.

As a result of this he did not apply for HSMP. He will be completing his MBA in January and may apply after that. We were consulting a consultant for his case who also advised the same.
Hi

So in that case I could be evaluated on the basis on my bachleor's degree and can fetch 15 points. Still got a fair chance as (5+15+50=70).

Lets keep our finger crossed...

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:23 am

raoms wrote:my appl. was through a consultant. It was filed on 1st april. ref no 162xx. I am not very sure of the date of receipt. From last 15 days there is no update. 2 weeks back HO mailed me saying presently it is taking 16 weeks for processing.
So you could hear by start of August or mid...
On what basis you have claimed your points, if you can share...