ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bluemoonrising
Newly Registered

EEA2 application

Post by bluemoonrising » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Hey guys

I am planning to apply for an EEA2 application

My girlfriend is Lithuanian but we have only lived together for 1 year, so we are planning to get married early next year

My question is how do we prove she is exercising her treaty rights?

Also is there a specific list of approved marriage certificates?Islamic or church

What is the cheapest as this wont be the big deal wedding till we are a bit more financially stable

Cant we apply for a license or a certificate that will suffice?

Also she is only earning 19K while Im on 30K will that be proof that we can support ourselves( Bank statements, contract etc)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA2 application

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:07 pm

bluemoonrising wrote:Hey guys

My girlfriend is Lithuanian but we have only lived together for 1 year, so we are planning to get married early next year
If not married, you will need to be in a durable relationship for 2 years in order to be considered a family member of EEA national.
payslips, letter from employer.
Also is there a specific list of approved marriage certificates?Islamic or church

What is the cheapest as this wont be the big deal wedding till we are a bit more financially stable

The cheapest (but maybe less romantic) would be a civil marriage in the register office with not many guests and no reception.
Also she is only earning 19K while Im on 30K will that be proof that we can support ourselves( Bank statements, contract etc)
19K should be good enough to be qualified as a worker. No need to provide further evidence.

bluemoonrising
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 application

Post by bluemoonrising » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Jambo wrote:
bluemoonrising wrote:Hey guys

If not married, you will need to be in a durable relationship for 2 years in order to be considered a family member of EEA national.
payslips, letter from employer.

The cheapest (but maybe less romantic) would be a civil marriage in the register office with not many guess and no reception.
19K should be good enough to be qualified as a worker. No need to provide further evidence.

Ok thanks just to confirm
seeing as we haven't lived together for the full 2 years, a marriage cert would suffice

and a registrar will be able to give us this certificate

Thanks for your help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:24 pm

Please continue in your previous topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!