ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mothers visa - question on relatives

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

grace11
Newly Registered

mothers visa - question on relatives

Post by grace11 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:39 am

Immigration rules suggest that dependent visa for parents aged less than 65 of a person residing in the UK must be able to prove

1. she has no one to turn to in the home country.

What kind of proofs are acceptable? my mother has 4 brothers and 2 sisters .All her siblings are aged above 59, and not in a position to support her. Do we need to get letters from each stating their inability to support?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:52 pm

1. Why are the relatives you mention not able to support her?

2. Are you her only child?

grace11
Newly Registered

Post by grace11 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:21 pm

Kayalami wrote:1. Why are the relatives you mention not able to support her?

They are all aged above 59 yrs, 2 are widowed, others have familes and live seperately. They would not be willing to support her when her children can do the same.

2. Are you her only child?

No, I have 2 brothers ,one currently in UK, the other has got a job offer and plans to come here shortly on HSMP visa.

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:04 am

are you ILR holder / citizen?

grace11
Newly Registered

Post by grace11 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:51 pm

timefactor wrote:are you ILR holder / citizen?
I am ILR holder , would apply for citizenship in 2 months time.

happyfamily
Newly Registered

Post by happyfamily » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:05 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm EEA national and live in UK with my husband. We have EEA1&2. And I want to know what we need to provide to have my parents in law coming in UK. I know they need to fill eea2 my passport their passports and what else? Which document which kind of proofs?

happyfamily
Newly Registered

Post by happyfamily » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:33 pm

hi
anyone is here
please could you reply
thanks

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:03 am

happyfamily wrote:Hi everybody,

I'm EEA national and live in UK with my husband. We have EEA1&2. And I want to know what we need to provide to have my parents in law coming in UK. I know they need to fill eea2 my passport their passports and what else? Which document which kind of proofs?

What do you mean by "coming in UK"? Do you mean for a visit? - or to live?

London coool
BANNED

Re: mothers visa - question on relatives

Post by London coool » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:39 am

grace11 wrote:Immigration rules suggest that dependent visa for parents aged less than 65 of a person residing in the UK must be able to prove

1. she has no one to turn to in the home country.

What kind of proofs are acceptable? my mother has 4 brothers and 2 sisters .All her siblings are aged above 59, and not in a position to support her. Do we need to get letters from each stating their inability to support?
Your proposed application falls under Chapter 317 (e) of the immigration rules which states the requirements to be met by a person seeking indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom as the parent, grandparent or other dependent relative of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom are that the person:

(e) parent or grandparent under the age of 65 if living alone outside the United Kingdom in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances and mainly dependent financially on relatives settled in the United Kingdom;

This section of the rules is for exceptional cases that fall within compassionate circumstances. According to ECO case wokers notes,the proof of the applicant as not having any one to turn to for support depends on the cultural situation of the home country.In some countries the applicant is obliged to be supported solely by her children in others close family members are obliged to support.

Next, how many children does your mother have, how many are in the UK? If she still has children in her home country then they are obliged to support her. If your mum is a widow, then she has to show her husbands death certificate and is one of the key compassionate grounds.

If all your mums children are in UK or abroad then you need to package all your salary details together and show proof how she has been in reciept of funds from yourselves. Dont forget you have to show proof of accommodation in the UK for the applicant. If you are in council accommodation or renting privately you will have a huge task to convince the ECO that she will not end up seeking public funds. Personal ownership of property sends a more positive picture. If you are British, it should be a bit easy to pursue , if not (although the rules states those settled in UK), the ECO will be concerned that you do not intend to start a systematic migration of your relatives from your home country to UK and would play hard ball. Dont forget, to qualify under this rule (for those under 65 years),its left to the discretion of the ECO that there are enough exceptional and compassionate reasons to grant the ILE or ILR

happyfamily
Newly Registered

Post by happyfamily » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:02 pm

happyfamily wrote:
Hi everybody,

What do you mean by "coming in UK"? Do you mean for a visit? - or to live?
thanks JAJ
i would like to know for both situations please