ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 working hrs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ash8
BANNED

Tier 2 working hrs

Post by Ash8 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Hello, I am on maternity leave and want to start work back. Can I work on reduced hours. I know that if we have to go for reduced hours then we have to inform Home Office. But do we have to do same if the reduction in working hours is temporary and due to maternity.

Ash8
BANNED

Re: Tier 2 working hrs

Post by Ash8 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Ash8 wrote:Hello, I am on maternity leave and want to start work back. Can I work on reduced hours. I know that if we have to go for reduced hours then we have to inform Home Office. But do we have to do same if the reduction in working hours is temporary and due to maternity.
further to the above under the section 191 in the tier 2 visa guidelines do we need to make a change in application form if we start with reduced hours say 20 hrs a week instead of 40 hours after maternity leave for few months.... please help

"191. You must also make a change of employment application if you are remaining with the same employer but:
there is a change to your core duties which means you change jobs to a different Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code;
or you are remaining with the same sponsor but there is a change to your core duties which means you change jobs from a job which is currently on the shortage occupation list to a job which is not on the shortage occupation list;
or your pay reduces from the level indicated on your current Certificate of Sponsorship or current work permit, other than changes due to company-wide reductions defined as acceptable in the Sponsor Guidance, or reductions due to maternity or adoption leave."

Ash8
BANNED

Re: Tier 2 working hrs

Post by Ash8 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Hello All,

Can anyone please reply to this...
Just want to know will working on reduced hrs (say 20 hrs a week instead of 40 hrs) effect PR. This reduction is due to resuming work after maternity leave.
Ash8 wrote:
Ash8 wrote:Hello, I am on maternity leave and want to start work back. Can I work on reduced hours. I know that if we have to go for reduced hours then we have to inform Home Office. But do we have to do same if the reduction in working hours is temporary and due to maternity.
further to the above under the section 191 in the tier 2 visa guidelines do we need to make a change in application form if we start with reduced hours say 20 hrs a week instead of 40 hours after maternity leave for few months.... please help

"191. You must also make a change of employment application if you are remaining with the same employer but:
there is a change to your core duties which means you change jobs to a different Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code;
or you are remaining with the same sponsor but there is a change to your core duties which means you change jobs from a job which is currently on the shortage occupation list to a job which is not on the shortage occupation list;
or your pay reduces from the level indicated on your current Certificate of Sponsorship or current work permit, other than changes due to company-wide reductions defined as acceptable in the Sponsor Guidance, or reductions due to maternity or adoption leave."