ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier -2 General Refused

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kaley
United Kingdom

Tier -2 General Refused

Post by Kaley » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi my Tier-2 application was refused based on job level on COS wasnt Graduate Levl and didnt award me any points on attributes (30). I thought that 30 points attributes was for Labour Market test etc criteria ( Correct me if I am wrong).

Anyway I have got an appeal. If I can get letter from my sponsor that advertised job was graduate level or letter confirming they had mentioned job was graduate level while applying COS, can I have decision on my favour?. Any inputs will be highly appreciated

Many Thanks
Kaley

pricesoft

Post by pricesoft » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:33 am

You need not only have to satisfy the Labour Market Test, the job must also need to be at Graduate Level and you are being paid the appropriate salary rate for that job. All of the following will need to be satisfied to be awarded 30 points.

You haven't mentioned the job title in your post. In any case, a letter from your sponsor claiming that your job is above graduate level wouldn't really make any difference. There is a document published by the UKBA somewhere on the UKBA website which lists the jobs that are at graduate level (let us know if you can't find this document). I believe deciding whether or not your job is at graduate level depends on whether your job title is on this list. If you can successfully match your job to a job title on that list then you shouldn't have much having the appeal decision is your favour.

GOOD LUCK!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:42 am

pricesoft wrote:There is a document published by the UKBA somewhere on the UKBA website which lists the jobs that are at graduate level (let us know if you can't find this document).
Codes of practice for sponsored workers
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Kaley
United Kingdom

Post by Kaley » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Thanks for coming back mate.

I think my HR screwed up in job title. They didnt picked Job title from graduate list, however job responsiblities and qualification requirement in advertisement are Degree Holder. To be prices, COS for Job title for Draftsperson and all job description as Design engineer and Draftsmen.
Draftsmen job title is in NVQ3. This is where HR screwed up and subsequently Home office refused. Now it doesnt looks like I have much ground for positive outcome from my appeal.

Anyway thanks guys for your suggestion.

rka9b
India

Post by rka9b » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Kaley wrote:Thanks for coming back mate.

I think my HR screwed up in job title. They didnt picked Job title from graduate list, however job responsiblities and qualification requirement in advertisement are Degree Holder. To be prices, COS for Job title for Draftsperson and all job description as Design engineer and Draftsmen.
Draftsmen job title is in NVQ3. This is where HR screwed up and subsequently Home office refused. Now it doesnt looks like I have much ground for positive outcome from my appeal.

Anyway thanks guys for your suggestion.
Hi mate,
I am Graduate design engineer work for manufacturing company, what is the mini salary requirement for graduate design engineer or drafts men . any information is appreciated

cheers

Kaley
United Kingdom

Post by Kaley » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:36 pm

£23 K for newly graduate mechanical engineer or graduate design engineer. Hope that helps you mate.

rka9b
India

Post by rka9b » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Kaley wrote:£23 K for newly graduate mechanical engineer or graduate design engineer. Hope that helps you mate.
Thank you mate