ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP PLSSSSSSSS Best advice

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Trinx

Post by Trinx » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:54 am

yes i understand that, but their refusals only serve to make matters worse. People would be more inclined to enter into marriage quicker. Do you think we should even bother to try again??? perhaps if i rang and asked the visa officer what would satisfy them in an application?

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:55 am

Yes, you could appeal but I woudn't hold out much hope.

Trinx

Post by Trinx » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:56 am

Can you suggest other documents we could include??

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:58 am

You could try to show commitments he has in Egypt that he musat return to. Maybe you could explain what your long term plan is - ie what you plan as a couple for the future.

Trinx

Post by Trinx » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:08 am

If they are afraid we will marry, is this a good idea?? What could we do to satisfy them.. I have decided to provide an intinerary and i will do up a budget plan for his vacation to show how much he will spend. I think i will provide phone records if i can get to show we have had contact over the phone.

Maybe he or i could write a letter to get them to consider the ecomomic circumstances in ireland.. There are no jobs here. Why would he leave his own great job for unemployment here.. I have been made redundant in recent months so life would be awful if he overstayed . We planned on doing everything write.. we have got plans, we hold each other in high regard, but the reality of the situation is that we only met once. We need to have met more than this for suitable background to marriage.. you cant just get married just like that. talking and meeting only once.. im not speaking for others im speaking for myself.

They told him to address each reason for refusal in the letter and to submit within two months.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:17 am

so you hardly even know this guy? come on, what are you doing here? Think about it from the government's perspective. Why don't u go to Egypt or a third country, and spend some time together. It might not work out and then you will have wasted all this effort!

Trinx

Post by Trinx » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:19 am

I have met him. i didnt come here to be ridiculed. i have known him for a year and a half and spent time with him in person also.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:24 am

You said you met once. All I am saying is that I think you need to sort out your intentions before you apply for a visa. Probability is, he's not going to be granted a holiday visa to Ireland so you will need to find another way to get to know him, and then plan a future together.

fatty patty

Re: HE GOT REFUSED

Post by fatty patty » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:21 am

Trinx wrote:Hi all his tourist visa got refused at the cairo embassy.

He provided Bank statements of two accounts one with about 3500 euro and the other with 3000 US dollars

Hotel booking

Flight booking

Travel Insurance

Old passport with visa to qatar (work visa after which he returned)

Letter from his company

Wage slips with translations of these.

Letter from me

Cover letter from himself

Copy of my passport and visa stamps

Copy of his deeds to an appartment he owns with translation (the lady in office said he could translate himself)

He was refused on the following

Finances
no clear link to reference
wont observe conditions of visa
no ties to home country
will be a burden on public resourses
will be a burden on public funds

He is an avionics engineer with an excellent salary. earns more than the average egyptian. (he is egyptian)
I have no job at the moment (was made redundant) so i cant support him and my bank statements wont help him. i dont need to as he wont be staying in my home. He is muslim man and it is against religious rules to stay in the home of a woman he is not married to. The lady at the counter refused to take the photographs when he first presented his documents. How can i show a clear link with me? We told the total truth in our application. We met online originally but then met in June in person. Can you give me some advice and what we can provide more to challange the reasons for refusal.. we wont give up on this.. Pls help How much should he have in his bank account?? I am wondering how to show a clear link to him. Is this impossible? He was only coming for a period of ten days.. Is 5000 euro not enough to finance this???? when he originally went to the embassy he was told his papers would go to Abu Dhabi to be processed. he was given the email and number of there to follow it up. But he checked and his papers never went there at all . I feel there is something amiss. He has a link to his home..an excellent job and owns an apartment.. i really dont understand this thinking.. he was genuinely only coming for a visit :( we are both so gutted. I felt in the airport when i left him in june that it would be the last time i would see him :( im so unhappy.
I am not being funny but from what you have mentioned up there him being avionics engineer, nearly 5k worth of statement, owns property in Cairo, and also held a Qatari visa (showed he has a travel history before) and got refused on some of the above grounds like finances, burden on state, no ties to home country etc is astonishing.

But for some reason i am also not surprised. You can appeal to the decision if you like but its taking a little longer on that process. Make sure that the applicant attach a clear and concise letter countering all their observations one by one. for e.g. FINANCES (mention in the letter regarding 5k worth of savings and travel insurance), TIES TO HOME COUNTRY (Apartment in Cairo, Job, friends family etc). Get advise if you have to for drafting up this letter but i have my family friends from Middle East refused before but got approval after appeal on something similar (and mind you they didnt even had avionics engineering jobs etc). So its not all doom and gloom.

Trinx

Post by Trinx » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Patty believe me i was totally astonished also

I am going to do up an intinerary outlining the tours i plan. I am going to visit him in egypt again so i will book that and ensures he books his hotel for the same dates and provide this also, this may be the proof he needs that he will return home. Say if he comes in february ill book in april for egypt. This might prove beyond doubt that he will return home.
They said insufficient finances so we will prepare a budget to show what he will spend on his visit with the intinerary in mind.

Our goal is to form a solid relationship and maybe see each other 3 to four times a year. We are very interested in each other and this is obvious. It would be so much easier if they allowed him to visit me. We want to do everything right.

He provided deeds to his appartment that he owns.

I dont know how i will prove a link to me besides what i have provided.

I personally believe there is something more to this.. You are right this is astonishing. The lady in the embassy treated him very badly. She told him she wud send paperwork to Abu Dhabi but the paperwork never went there. When i called and asked for her name, she changed her tune and told me that some applications are processed in Cairo. Two weeks after submitting his paperwork they called him looking for a letter from his company stating that his annual leave was approved and when he was expected to return. He expressed his concern at the fact he was not asked for this sooner as the process procedure takes 4 weeks. She informed him that he would have to take it up with Abu Dhabi and gave him contact information for there. He followed it up but we later found out that his paperwork never went to abu dhabi. Why do some go there and others dont? He is very upset. hE will never go through 5000 in ireland within ten days. I think it is because he is egyptian and someone formed a bias against him because of me. Ill fight this to the end. everyone is entitled to apply for tourist visa and i really dont believe his application was considered fairly at all. This is awful. There are no jobs in ireland. Why would he leave a great job as an avionics Engineer to stay here illegally and be unemployed.. His job is his dream job and he worked very hard for it. He has been through so much to get where he is. I really want to see him again and he does me also.. Its true i could go to him to end this issue, but he is a muslim man, and will never allow me to spend all this money for so many trips unless he himself was making the same financial input, and i refuse to let him finance my trips to egypt either. He freaked out because of the telephone charges when i called the embassy in Egypt. I dont know. Im not optimistic about this appeal. I am wondering what is in their minds. I wish i could call the visa officer and ask him/her directly what would satisfy them.

Clear LInk to reference = marriage papers or pregnancy..
in my opinion they create more problems than they solve with this!!!

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:14 pm

Trinx, sorry to hear this.

I think the refusal is linked to the polical state of Egypt right now...Regardless of his job (avionics engineer). The civil servant at DOJ believes this person will be a burden to the state....

I feel your pain, sometimes the government put idiots to drive up the future.

If your friends gets a job here say works at Dublin Airport, he will probably pay more tax than the fool who refused the visa. This is ridiculous !!!

Seek advise and appeal the decision and also demonstrate to them that you care about this person and while he intend to not settle here (10 days only) and that if he had the intention to settle here in the future (Ireland is a very welcoming country for high skills foreigners), he would be probably paying a high band tax with his skills and therefore contributing to the economy.

And insist that he is coming for 10 days and has more than 5000K also reference them to the EU right (look for it) and it states the person should demonstrate they have a minum of 50 euros per day for their stay. Your friend has more than that.

And also state that you are an Irish citizen being let down by your state and that if you were to make things easier for you and that as you love the guy, you could just travel to Egypt and get married and exercise your right to be with your husband here in Ireland. But also explain you don't want to rush things and that is why you want your boyfriend to visit Ireland, see your familly and friends and go back and then you will see what the future holds

Your letter must be polite but hitting the correct points.

if you need help in this, PM me.

Thanks,
Nanette

Trinx wrote:Patty believe me i was totally astonished also

I am going to do up an intinerary outlining the tours i plan. I am going to visit him in egypt again so i will book that and ensures he books his hotel for the same dates and provide this also, this may be the proof he needs that he will return home. Say if he comes in february ill book in april for egypt. This might prove beyond doubt that he will return home.
They said insufficient finances so we will prepare a budget to show what he will spend on his visit with the intinerary in mind.

Our goal is to form a solid relationship and maybe see each other 3 to four times a year. We are very interested in each other and this is obvious. It would be so much easier if they allowed him to visit me. We want to do everything right.

He provided deeds to his appartment that he owns.

I dont know how i will prove a link to me besides what i have provided.

I personally believe there is something more to this.. You are right this is astonishing. The lady in the embassy treated him very badly. She told him she wud send paperwork to Abu Dhabi but the paperwork never went there. When i called and asked for her name, she changed her tune and told me that some applications are processed in Cairo. Two weeks after submitting his paperwork they called him looking for a letter from his company stating that his annual leave was approved and when he was expected to return. He expressed his concern at the fact he was not asked for this sooner as the process procedure takes 4 weeks. She informed him that he would have to take it up with Abu Dhabi and gave him contact information for there. He followed it up but we later found out that his paperwork never went to abu dhabi. Why do some go there and others dont? He is very upset. hE will never go through 5000 in ireland within ten days. I think it is because he is egyptian and someone formed a bias against him because of me. Ill fight this to the end. everyone is entitled to apply for tourist visa and i really dont believe his application was considered fairly at all. This is awful. There are no jobs in ireland. Why would he leave a great job as an avionics Engineer to stay here illegally and be unemployed.. His job is his dream job and he worked very hard for it. He has been through so much to get where he is. I really want to see him again and he does me also.. Its true i could go to him to end this issue, but he is a muslim man, and will never allow me to spend all this money for so many trips unless he himself was making the same financial input, and i refuse to let him finance my trips to egypt either. He freaked out because of the telephone charges when i called the embassy in Egypt. I dont know. Im not optimistic about this appeal. I am wondering what is in their minds. I wish i could call the visa officer and ask him/her directly what would satisfy them.

Clear LInk to reference = marriage papers or pregnancy..
in my opinion they create more problems than they solve with this!!!

Trinx

Post by Trinx » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:30 pm

i am finding it difficult to find that eu directive on finances required .. Thanks very much for you sentiments.. any help you can give me would be very much appreciated, Nanette have u been in this position before??

Trinx

Post by Trinx » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:07 pm

i found it.. This directive is part of the schengen visa directives.. Ireland and UK are not part of the shengen visa agreement

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi,
I think you have 2 problems from their point of view( and nothing you can do about that)
firstly you are unemployed (the reference) that would make your boyfriend's case weak.
secondly (from my experience in dealing with the front desk employee of Irish embassy in Egypt)
they do not care about anybody and your boyfriend should insist on them to take the pictures which are proving your relationships.

I remeber those idiots who are working at the Irish embassy in Cairo caused troubles for me when I was getting my wife and my son from egypt
as we included my son in the application and gave them everything regarding my son at that time but they did not care and the result they just got a visa for my wife only without my son which cause lots of troubles at that time
So be careful when you are dealing with them there try to force them to take whatever you would like to submitt and do not trust them
good luck
peace on you

Trinx

Post by Trinx » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:56 pm

He was never staying at my house, he is muslim he cannot, and he was supporting himself.. he has plenty of funds. the fact im unemployed does not matter and i never told them i was unemployed so they dont know. it was holiday visa not spousal visa

Trinx

Post by Trinx » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:00 pm

i wrote to dfa here in ireland. and told them what he submitted and reasons for decline.. i was emailed back and asked for reference number to check it. i will send them copy of all the docs and they wil send me back a list of what he can provide for visa officer.. ill enclose the email also in the appeal.. im not leaving this alone.. im goin to make some noise now

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:34 pm

so Trinx it is the second point that the evidence of your relationship and the problem for sure is with the front desk in the Irish embassy in Cairo
try to check here in Ireland and give them what they are asking for
and good luck in your fight
peace on you

Trinx

Post by Trinx » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:04 pm

Remember meeeeeeeeeeeee????????

I have partner who is egyptian and he got refused a visa in October...

We appealed the decision...

Guess what .....

HE GOT IT

I am sooooooo happy ... so so happy ...

He visiting me in march for ten days....... hee hee i cant wait to see himmmmmm