ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of Tier1 before the current validity

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nm
Member of Standing

Extension of Tier1 before the current validity

Post by nm » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 am

Hi,

I have my visa valid until end of 2012, will it possible to apply for the extension now.? If so, will the extension start after my current visa validity or starts immediately from the day they issue the extension.?

Also, is there a chace to request the home office to provide the extension from the expiry of my current visa.?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:22 am

You new leave will begin from the date it is issued and will be for exactly 3 or 2 years (depending on your current situation). They will not aggregate this fixed period with your current unexpired leave. So, if you apply for an extension earlier than one month before your current leave expires, the next leave will not include the time you have remaining. If your intention is to apply for ILR after five years, you will have created a gap that will require another bridging extension before you become eligible.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the information, i have seen somewhere in the forum that we can ask for the extension three months later from the date of issue. Will this possible and if so , how to request this.?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:44 pm

Applicants for leave to enter the UK (visa applications) may request that the start date of the visa be retarded for up to 3 months from the date of submitting the application.