ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Visa Extension (query about Age)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mnanda
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Visa Extension (query about Age)

Post by mnanda » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi,

I'd like to confirm what "Age" should be entered while applying for Tier-1 visa extension. Should this be my (the applicant's) current age or the age when the first successful application was made?

The policy guidance says "Age (at date of application for first grant)." However, I would like to confirm this from the other members who have applied for tier 1 extensions and received them.

Thanks in advance for your help!

insert12
Newly Registered

Post by insert12 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:21 pm

For extension, you will use at date of application for first granted , You can also verify this using Points-based calculator. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

All the best...

/ Insert

mnanda
Newly Registered

Post by mnanda » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Thank you for your reply, Insert!

Would the "date of application for first granted" be the same as date when the first successful application was made?

I'm sorry I'm a little slow and would like to have a clearer idea. For example, if my age at the time of first successful application was 28 but while applying for extension is 30, then should I enter 28 as my age while applying for extension or 30?

Thanks for your help!

ajf773

Post by ajf773 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:37 pm

mnanda wrote:For example, if my age at the time of first successful application was 28 but while applying for extension is 30, then should I enter 28 as my age while applying for extension or 30?

Thanks for your help!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:00 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mnanda
Newly Registered

Post by mnanda » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:12 pm

Thank you for your help, people! :)

I wanted to let you know that I did write to UKBA with this query and this is what they replied:
"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.
Please be advised that when submitting your application to extend your current visa, you should enter the age that you were when you
were granted your initial leave to remain, not your current age.

I hope that this is of some assistance to you.

Yours faithfully,

Wayne XYZ
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency "