ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment for FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JB1611
Newly Registered

PEO appointment for FLR(M)

Post by JB1611 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi all,

My wife has an appointment booked at our local PEO where she hopes to switch from a Student (Tier 4) visa to FLR(M). We are slightly confused on two points:

1. Does she need to fill in the application (and pay) online, then bring a copy of it with her documents to the appointment or can she just print a copy of the form and submit it with documents on the day?

2. Do I (as her spouse) need to attend the appointment? When the appointment was booked it said the appointment is for one person, but I found this strange as I thought I would need to attend.

As far as I'm aware we have a very straight-forward application (I'm a British Citizen), so fingers crossed!

Many thanks in advance for any help on the above two points, or any other general information about FLR(M) applications at PEOs are greatly appreciated :)

JB1611
Newly Registered

Post by JB1611 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Sorry, in addition to this, I'd be greatful if someone could check the documentation we have, and whether we are missing anything:

-Both our passports
-Marriage certificate
-A year's worth of bank statements for my account (which my wage goes into), our joint account (which has had over £1,000 in continually for a year), my ISA (with £9,000 savings in) and her bank account (this doesn't have any money in it currently as she uses our joint account, but we've included it for completeness)
-My original contract for employment (this is now over 2 years old, but it says the job is permenant - is that okay?)
- Last 12 months of my wage slips (she doesn't work as is a student)
- Tenancy agreement for the flat we currently rent (we share this with a friend - does that matter?)
- Tenancy agreement and utility bills from flat we lived in last year (alone)
- Her module results letter for the University from July (she's since been working on dissertation)
- Letter from University saying her dissertation hand in date has been extended to November (I thought this is good proof she has been studying on her student visa?)

Thanks

JB1611
Newly Registered

Post by JB1611 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:19 am

Can anyone please help?? The appointment is getting closer and we're getting a bit antsy!