ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help with an spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lili
Newly Registered

Please help with an spouse visa

Post by Lili » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:34 am

I will really appreciate all your comments related to these two questions, I am writing in my wife's logging account :)

1)My wife has a fiancé visa and it is running out this Friday 15th, I rang the Home Office and they say that she can even apply in person the same Friday for the spouse visa or she can send the application by post, but it has to arrive before Friday and they will send me a letter to confirm that they received it before the expire day of the visa. I am not quite sure about that as every time I ring they have another story about it. Please could you confirm this?
2)I am a british citizen and on an employment contract that expires on October and I am a bit worried that it might be seen by the PEO in Croydon as an inability to provide for her. I do not know if they can extend my contract but it is more than likely. How can I prove to them that she will not use Public Funds? Please, I really do need some ideas as we are running out of time.

Thanks for your help and I am glad I found this interesting place to discuss my doubts

Ray

London coool
BANNED

Re: Please help with an spouse visa

Post by London coool » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:06 am

Lili wrote:I will really appreciate all your comments related to these two questions, I am writing in my wife's logging account :)

1)My wife has a fiancé visa and it is running out this Friday 15th, I rang the Home Office and they say that she can even apply in person the same Friday for the spouse visa or she can send the application by post, but it has to arrive before Friday and they will send me a letter to confirm that they received it before the expire day of the visa. I am not quite sure about that as every time I ring they have another story about it. Please could you confirm this?
2)I am a british citizen and on an employment contract that expires on October and I am a bit worried that it might be seen by the PEO in Croydon as an inability to provide for her. I do not know if they can extend my contract but it is more than likely. How can I prove to them that she will not use Public Funds? Please, I really do need some ideas as we are running out of time.

Thanks for your help and I am glad I found this interesting place to discuss my doubts

Ray

Hi,

I assume your wife obtained a "Fiance" visa to come and get married to you in the UK.

1) A UK fiancé (otherwise known as a -prospective marriage visa) is usually issued for six months for the purpose of traveling to the UK to get married.

Before the expiration of the 6 months visa your wife may apply to stay in the UK, for which a two year period UK visa may be issued. After this time she can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) so far as the marriage relationship is subsisting. I'll advise you to package your documents and send it by Royal Mail registered postal delivery and obtain a proof of delivery. (You can always check on the Royal Mail website to monitor the date it was delivered).I'll take this option than to risk the personal appearance on the expiry date.

2) So far as you can show them your 6 months pay slip, 6 months bank statements and other documents that have your joint names together you should'nt have much problems. The PEO/IND do not know whether you are in contract employment or not ,so as they say "If it aint broken,don't fix it". If you have not been asked you are not obliged to tell them about it.

The caseworker would only need to confirm from Inland Revenue the authenticity of your NI payments/PAYE tax,etc if he has any concerns; or your employer if it has a history of sponsoring bogus applications.