ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) - PEO Appointment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gd_chandrasekar

SET(M) - PEO Appointment

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:02 am

Hi

I believe home office have upgraded their site. I could see a new way to booking appointment. This new method is asking to fill the application, submit online and pay online and then book appointment.

My wife is eligible to apply ILR (SET(M)) from last week of November. So I am not sure to use the new appointment booking or the old way.

Have any one used this new appointment booking? Is it okay if I use the old way of appointment booking and on the day just take the application and do the payment?

Pls advice.

New Online

Online Appointment

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:08 am

I believe the "procedure to book an appointment online" is only one - the new one.

What you are perhaps enquiring is whether:
1. you should book an appointment first (or separately), and then follow "apply online" link to fill-up the form online and pay the fess online, or
2. you should follow the "apply online" link to fill up the form online, pay the fees online and then follow the "book appointment" link (to then book an appointment).

I believe you can do either, because:
1. not everyone who fills up the form online and pays fees online necessarily makes an in-person application, and
2. not everyone who makes an in-person application uses the "apply online" procedure (i.e.- fills up the form online and pays fees online).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks Sushmehta

Online appointment booking has listed weekends, not sure any PEO works on weekend. If so do you know which one? cant find in the opening hours of PEO. If none works, the not sure why its listed in the first place.

I am applying for my wife SET(M) form, initially she came to UK on 19/12/2009 via Dependent Tier 1, converted to FLR(M) when I got my PR, I believe for her PR days calculation I can consider from the date she came to UK.

If she can't get leave, is there any way that only I can go to PEO office and apply for her?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:06 pm

gd_chandrasekar wrote:I am applying for my wife SET(M) form, initially she came to UK on 19/12/2009 via Dependent Tier 1, converted to FLR(M) when I got my PR, I believe for her PR days calculation I can consider from the date she came to UK.
287(a)(i)(d).
gd_chandrasekar wrote:If she can't get leave, is there any way that only I can go to PEO office and apply for her?
I don't think so. But a legal representative can.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!