ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO denied interview

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Confused and worried
Newly Registered

PEO denied interview

Post by Confused and worried » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:36 pm

I had my interview arranged with PEO Glasgow. They asked me to send it by post as they cannot deal with my application and i am worried.
What could be the reason? Does that mean my visa will not get extended?
Kindly help with your valuable suggestion.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:47 pm

1. In-person application is not an "interview".
2. PEOs can only deal with straight-forward applications. If you have been advised by a PEO staff to apply by post instead, it means that they do not consider your application to be straight-forward.
3. Such advice is not an indication of potential refusal, it just means that such applications cannot be dealt with at the PEOs.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nks

Post by nks » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:09 pm

How would they know beforehand that the application is not straight forward?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:59 pm

nks wrote:How would they know beforehand that the application is not straight forward?
Note the grammatical tense in the statement by the OP:
Confused and worried wrote:I had my interview arranged with PEO Glasgow. They asked me to send it by post as they cannot deal with my application

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi,

Did they take the fees from you??If yes,then would be sad,because they charged you for personal appointment and then tell you to send my post..

Confused and worried
Newly Registered

Post by Confused and worried » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:42 pm

No they didnt, i have just come to know that the immigration adviser who did the initial application was jailed for fraudulent activities recently. That could be the reason, apart from that i have all my documents which are legitimate and in order.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:52 pm

Confused and worried wrote:That could be the reason.
In such case I believe so too.
But there is nothing to worry about if there was no deception / false representation etc. in your initial application. Do expect your application to take a bit longer to be assessed - given the involvement of a rogue advisor for your initial application.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:14 pm

I am a little bit worried now after hearing your story as I got my initial app from Glasgow in April 2009 as well so it is possible that we had the same officer (or not???) .
Of course all my documents are 100% genuine but it is still a pain as I am planning to for PEO early next year. Do you mind to tell me how did you find out that he was jailed and PM me the name of the officer so I can check mine.
Anyone know how HO works office, how often do they rotate visa officers? HOw likely I also had the same officer reviewing my case?

Many thanks for sharing the information.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:39 pm

ldbright wrote:I am a little bit worried now after hearing your story as I got my initial app from Glasgow in April 2009 as well so it is possible that we had the same officer (or not???) .
Of course all my documents are 100% genuine but it is still a pain as I am planning to for PEO early next year. Do you mind to tell me how did you find out that he was jailed and PM me the name of the officer so I can check mine.
Anyone know how HO works office, how often do they rotate visa officers? HOw likely I also had the same officer reviewing my case?

the OP is talking about an immigration advisor being jailed, not an immigration officer

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Greenie wrote:
ldbright wrote:I am a little bit worried now after hearing your story as I got my initial app from Glasgow in April 2009 as well so it is possible that we had the same officer (or not???) .

the OP is talking about an immigration advisor being jailed, not an immigration officer
Thanks for the reply first. Sorry but I don't really know the difference between an immigration advisor and an immigration officer. I got my Tier 1 (G) visa through PEO in 2009, my case was approved in 30 mins on the day. So will it be an 'advisor' or 'officer' who dealt with my case?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 pm

ldbright wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Thanks for the reply first. Sorry but I don't really know the difference between an immigration advisor and an immigration officer. I got my Tier 1 (G) visa through PEO in 2009, my case was approved in 30 mins on the day. So will it be an 'advisor' or 'officer' who dealt with my case?
Immigration officer= someone who works for the UKBA

Immigration advisor = someone who doesn't work for the UKBA and provides legal advice/representation.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Greenie wrote:
ldbright wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Immigration officer= someone who works for the UKBA

Immigration advisor = someone who doesn't work for the UKBA and provides legal advice/representation.
Thanks so much! It is a relief!
'Confused and worried' : could you please confirm that it is an advisor you are referring here not an officer.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:36 pm

given that he referred to an 'immigration adviser' i think it is safe to assume that he is in fact talking about an immigration adviser.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Greenie wrote:given that he referred to an 'immigration adviser' i think it is safe to assume that he is in fact talking about an immigration adviser.
Thank you very much Greenie.