ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension

Post by visainfo2011 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi,
I am due to apply for a Tier 1 Extension next month and this query is regarding section E.

E1. Has the applicant had any criminal convictions in the United Kingdom or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgments made against them?

What answer should I give given the circumstances below.

I received a summons for Non payment of council tax on the 23rd of march to appear in the court on the 15th of april for pending council tax of £374. It also mentioned that if I pay the pending council tax + £55 costs before the date of hearing all further proceedings will cease.

I paid £500 the the next morning by debit card and received a confimation from council.tax@dacorum.gov.uk saying

"
Thank you for your email.

I have checked our records and can see that you payment for £500 has now been received. As this has cleared the amount that the summons was issue for, no further action will take place in respect of this.

I can confirm that you do not need to attend court and that you have not been charged with any offence of of the court.

Revenue office
Dacorum borough council
"

Can some one please tell me if I still need to answer yes to the above question because I was sent a summons and I was discharged only because I paid it the next day.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:09 pm

visainfo2011 wrote:I am due to apply for a Tier 1 Extension next month
Which sub-category of Tier 1 do you belong to?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

Summon for Non-Payment of Council tax - Tier 1 extension

Post by visainfo2011 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi,
Its for Tier 1 (General) extension and not ILR.

Thanks you for the fast response.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:34 pm

1. Summons from a court is not a "civil judgement".
2. You have paid whatever was due, and have confirmation.

So you should be fine, both for extension and ILR (in future).

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

Post by visainfo2011 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Great thank. So I can confidently say No to that question cant I.

And more over I have seen you helping people with visas for a long time and infact you have helped with my initial application as well.

Great work and hats off to you.

:)

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:47 pm

You have solved the issue outside the court, which is a good thing.

However, You may still need to mention this in the application form.

Disclosing the truth is a good practise and will not affect the outcome of your application,

You have to select Yes in Section -2 E
All other section mention as No (Such as sentence and judgement)

Mention in the box provided as 'Please refer to the attached explanation for Section 2 - E'

In the letter state as

No Criminal Convictions / No Court Judgement as i was settled outside the court

Give full explanation of what exactly happened and attach the photocopies of Council Letter and settlement confirmation

Do not require to Mention this in the cover letter

You could also refer to a similar link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
If Not We, Then Who?

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

Post by visainfo2011 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Thanks very much teddy, i saw a similar case related to Council tax posted by author lalamon.

Looking at that I did consider disclosing that information as in anycase its not likely to affect my application.

Thank you very much for the response.

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

Post by visainfo2011 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi,
Just wanted to post this link here as it would be easier for someone to search.

tags -> Council tax + Non-Payment + Summon

silverline

Post by silverline » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:40 pm

teddy0409 wrote:You have solved the issue outside the court, which is a good thing.

However, You may still need to mention this in the application form.

Disclosing the truth is a good practise and will not affect the outcome of your application,

You have to select Yes in Section -2 E
All other section mention as No (Such as sentence and judgement)

Mention in the box provided as 'Please refer to the attached explanation for Section 2 - E'

In the letter state as

No Criminal Convictions / No Court Judgement as i was settled outside the court

Give full explanation of what exactly happened and attach the photocopies of Council Letter and settlement confirmation

Do not require to Mention this in the cover letter

You could also refer to a similar link
There is no legal requirement of disclosure in this case. I take such disclosure needless and distraction.

Telling the truth is always good but provision of needless info sometime lead to unrequired outcome.

Just my opinion.

MPI

Re: Summon for Non-Payment of Council tax - Tier 1 extension

Post by MPI » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:13 pm

visainfo2011 wrote:

I received a summons for Non payment of council tax on the 23rd of march to appear in the court on the 15th of april for pending council tax of £374. It also mentioned that if I pay the pending council tax + £55 costs before the date of hearing all further proceedings will cease.

I paid £500 the the next morning by debit card and received a confimation from council.tax@dacorum.gov.uk saying

"

Just out of curiosity can your please explain what was you council tax case about? I live in shared flat for which the landlord is paying for council tax. I have never asked my landlord if he really is paying them or not. One of my flatmates once said landlord is allegedly claiming benefits for one the tenants and therefore he is not paying. But I am not in position to quiz my landlord or investigate . My initial tenancy contract says all charges are his responsibility .

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

Post by visainfo2011 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:29 pm

I forgot to pay the concil tax in time. The contract is in my name and I am liable to pay it in time.

Because you are in a shared accommodation you dont really need to worry about this.

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

Disclosing my previous appeal in Tier 1 (General) Extension

Post by visainfo2011 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi,
I applied for my tier 1 general visa on 3rd July 2008. It was rejected. I appealed the decision in person and the appeal was allowed and I granted visa valid from 17th Dec 2008 till 17 Dec 2011.

I am now due to apply for extension. Do I need to submit the proceedings documents that allowed my appeal.. Is it necessary?

If not necessary, do you think submitting it will cause unnecessary delays?

I am considering submitting the because the work permit that I was on as of 3rd July 2008 expired on 31 July 2008. Later on I was grated visa only on 17th Dec 2008. But during this period between 31st jul and 17th dec 2008 my application was pending and hence leave to remain was automatically extended.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:38 pm

You don't have to mention anything ... as the refusal was deemed unlawful and the appeal was upheld (so, technically no refusal).

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

Forgot to Include Photographs (Tier 1 General extension)

Post by visainfo2011 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:51 pm

Hi All,
I forgot to include my photograph along with the Tier 1 (General) extension application among the confusion.

I posted the application just a couple of hours ago and I realised almost immediately. I went back to the post office to check if i can do anything but the post office was closed.

I am really quite concerned what I can do now. Can someone please help and advise me accordingly.

I know its quite a dumb thing to do after cross checking every minute thing in this forum. But some one please advise asap.

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

Post by visainfo2011 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi All,
I forgot to include my photograph along with the Tier 1 (General) extension application among the confusion.

I posted the application just a couple of hours ago and I realised almost immediately. I went back to the post office to check if i can do anything but the post office was closed.

I had then posted the Photographs referring to the Main application and to acknowledge once they receive it. I have also sent an email to UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk.

So they would have received both the application and the photographs separately on the same day (Today - 31 Oct 2011).

I haven't received any confirmation quite obviously. But can some one please help me with a contact number that I can use to contact them and check everything is fine?

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

Post by visainfo2011 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi,
I called the bank to confirm is the payment went through fine and they have confirmed that the payments went through today, 1st Nov 2011.

But I havent received any response about the Photographs though as they werent attached along with the application form and I have rather sent it through separately and the documents and photos however reached home office on the same day.

Can someone please advise if thats gonna be alright. Given the payment is also deducted i am kind of stressed and obsessing about this now.

Can some one please advise if there is anything I can do to put myself in a better position now?

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

photos missing in the application

Post by visainfo2011 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:51 pm

Dear all,
i have posted on this topic couple of times now. Can someone please advise. I applied for tier I general extension on 28 oct 2011.

As mentioned earlier i forgot to enclose photos with the main application for myself and wife. But i realised that almost immediately and posted the photos the next day itself. Eventualy the photos and the applcations reached home office on monday the 31 oct 2011. The payment is now deducted and have received the reference on friday 4th nov but i dont know if they received the photos or not which you might as well understand is quite frustrating.

The guidance says "We may ask for documens if required." I also heard from many that the only place where the photos are used is in the brp card for which the photos are taken when we give the biometric test.

Can someone please advise if there is anything that i can do to make sure, the fact that i didnt enclose the photos with actual application will not affect the outcome?

Please advise. Sushdmetha, you have any clue?

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

photos missing in the application

Post by visainfo2011 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi,
Some please advise me on the above post. I am truly sorry for posting on this again and again.

But I am quite tensed and restless. Please reply.

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

Post by visainfo2011 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi Sushdmehta,
I just posted again on my last question. But for some reason the post disappeared. Probably because of duplicate.

I have posted on this a a few couple of times now and i didnt receive any reply.

I am truly sorry if am nagging but just felt this post is being ignored. Can you please advise. I have also posted a couple of private messages to you.

I am sorry but please let me know.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Payment going through does not mean that your application is valid or meets the mandatory requirements. No one can tell you if the photographs you sent earlier have been tagged to your application or not.

If you have received the acknowledgement letter, send more photographs and include the necessary details of your application (app. reference no., name, date of birth, passport number, nationality) so that that photographs get tagged to your application.

And, hope for the best!

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

Post by visainfo2011 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi,
Thank you very much i will do that. The Documents we require section of guidance says as given below. I will send the photos once again anyway. But what are the addresses where i need to post? Croydon, Sheffield or Durham, or may be all of them?

12. If the applicant does not provide the specified documents, we may contact him/her to ask for them. If the applicant fails to send the correct documents we may refuse the application

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:17 pm

If the caseworker does not see the photographs with your application, he may refuse the application straight-away (as invalid) .... without making an effort to contact you.

Do you want to take that risk? Your call.

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

Post by visainfo2011 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Definitely no i am posting them today itself definitely.

But there are 3 addresses. Please let me know what they will.

Should i post one each to all of these addresses below?

UK Border Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
Surrey
CR9 2BY

UK Border Agency
Tier 1
PO Box 496
Milburngate House
Durham
DH99 1WQ

UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468,
Sheffield,
S3 8WA

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:22 pm

Call UKBA contact center and ask where to send.

visainfo2011
Newly Registered

Post by visainfo2011 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:45 am

Hi,
I received an email from UKBA (Workpermits, HST14 <HST14.Workpermits@ukba.gsi.gov.uk>) for biometrics appointment and with in another 20 minuted i received a recall message as well recalling the below email.

<Actual email>

Applicant’s Case Reference Number :-XXXXXXX
Applicant’s Name :-Mahadevan Balasubramanian
You can now book a biometric appointment using the UK Border Agency Online Booking Service at https://ukbabooking.homeoffice.gov.uk/.

As you know from my previous posts that I posted the application and the photos seperately though they were received at home office on the same day. I am not sure if they wanted to recall the biometrics invitation for this reason.

Any guess or advise on what to do?