ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recorded Delivery

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sac

Recorded Delivery

Post by sac » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:33 am

Hello all,
I'd like some advice from any of you who've recd their passport & docus back from the Home Office with an extension of HSMP visa.
I am told my docs have been despatched to my residence address today by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. (They won't tell me whether it has been granted or not!!) Which means I have to take leave from work and be at home to sign for it in person.
So my question is, any idea when I might expect to get it? Is RD a next-day delivery? Morning? Afternoon?
Any 'receipt of documents' experiences you can share are welcome.
Thanks!
S

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:32 pm

From what I know, if there's no one to receive the recorded delivery they leave a note saying that you can collect the package from the nearest postoffice. Whether it gets delivered in 1 day or more, depends if the sender has used 1st class or 2nd class postage.

regards

maar

Post by maar » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:52 pm

Recorded delivery takes atleast 4 / 5 working days, please note that this is not special delivery which will arrive next working day.

If no one available at house, postman will drop you a slip when to collect and where to collect.. the address.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best.

Don't call the general enquires, they can't tell you the decision. Call the HSMP number to know your status, you might have received this number along with your reference number.

Cheers..Maar.

sac

Post by sac » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:25 pm

the royal mail website says:

"If you have important documents to send and want to check on delivery, Recorded Signed For™ fits the bill. With proof of posting, signature on arrival and online confirmation of delivery, your delivery is easy to trace. It's great value too, at just 68p plus First or Second Class postage.
Most First Class Recorded items arrive by the next working day... ...a range of great features.
Excellent value at just 68p plus normal postage
Peace of mind with proof of postage
Use online tracking to check if your item has been delivered
A signature is obtained upon delivery
Next working day delivery for most First Class Recorded items"

but i have no idea if the Home Office sends it by first or second class rec del..!

arrgh - waiting sucks!!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:36 pm

sac wrote:my question is, any idea when I might expect to get it? Is RD a next-day delivery? Morning? Afternoon?
Recorded Delivery post is delivered by your normal postman/postwoman. So the question you need to ask yourself is ... what time is my post normally delivered? As simple as that ..... unless you are always out at work when the post is delivered during the week ... and you don't know the answer to that question.

Hope you like the decision .... whatever time it arrives!
John

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:08 am

Sac,

Can you please let me know your timelines, when have u sent the file to Home Office. I have sent my file on 2nd Sep and i have already received my reference no. As special delivery is fast, i have sent it by SD and have also encloded the pre paid SD envelope so that i can receive it next day.
As I have to book tickets for my holiday next month, I wanted to know how long it takes and if it is taking long, i will send a Urgent Treatment form.

sac

Post by sac » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:35 am

got my extension today!! :) :)

please see the Extension Approval thread (sticky) for my timelines.

good luck everyone and thanks to those who replied with advice

s