ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what does appeal 2 be decided on paper wthout hearning mean?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PPra

what does appeal 2 be decided on paper wthout hearning mean?

Post by PPra » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:18 pm

Could anyone help me in understanding as to what exactly does the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal mean when it says

"appeal to be decided on the papers without a hearing".

This relates to an appeal against the decision of Entry Clearance Office for refuring VISA in HSMP case in october 2005.

Does anyone know any link to AIT page which explains this in detail.

Thanks
PPRa

VISIONMISSION
Newly Registered

Post by VISIONMISSION » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:28 pm

http://www.ait.gov.uk/appeals/appeal.htm

this is what you are looking for mate...

K

PPra

Post by PPra » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:47 pm

Thanks K!

The link is indeed closest we could have got.
I have skilled though all the relevant sections on the link above.
All I can find about "appeal to be decided on papers without hearing" is that they also call it paper hearing. This is the 2nd kind of hearing of the appeal. The first being oral hearing.

I wish to understand the details of a Paper Hearing? What are its pros and cons?

Also am i Right in understainding that since I am living outside Uk and since i have no representatives I can only get a Paper Hearing and No oral Hearing.

And could anyone tell me how much time does the AIT take to determine an appeal in a case the Entry Clearance Office has not sent his set of documents supporting reasons for refusing the visa.

My appeal is peding since November 2005 (200+days) and it has not yet been determined. Where can i request for its earliest determination?

Thanks
PPra

kaykayzero
Newly Registered

Post by kaykayzero » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:29 pm

My understanding of hearing to be decided on paper is that the appeal will be decided by an adjudicator based on the documents you have submitted without either the petitioner (yourself) or the defendant (home office) in attendance. Either party can appeal the decision of such a process.

To have an idea of the process and lengtrh of time for an appeal, u should read through some decided cases (pertaining to your case) on the website earlier quoted.

KAY