ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

One day

Post by One day » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:09 pm

Patiently waiting , thank you for your kind words , we see how things go and keep you updated

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:35 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:Just called INIS to get status of my application (Ref 58/5xxx/10) after long time.
Ann hurriedly replied "Your application is at final stage (Didn't give any exact details). We don't know when the next citizenship ceremony is scheduled. Minister hasn't decided any ceremony date yet. Bye bye bye..." She didn't give much chance to ask any other question and dropped the call.
Ceremony information was provided without asking !! May be they are getting more calls regd next ceremony dates.
When did you apply?

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi Everyone!

I rang INIS today after more than two months and got the same old answer 'waiting for agency report'. Then there was a series of Q&A
I asked: When is the next ceremony?
She said: We haven't scheduled yet
I asked: Some people are saying that there is no more approvals or ceremonies this year, is this correct?
She said: Minister will decide what is going to happen next, we don't know anything about it
I asked: Are you going to increase the Citizenship Fee?
She said: Just hold for a second let me check............No! we don't have such information or instructions.
I said: Last month my husband got his CON I sent you its copy and asked you should I submit a new application as an Irish Spouse or would you consider it in my present one
She said: No No there is no need to submit a new application, we would contact you as we receive your report, Emmmm if you like you can send us declaration form of an Irish spouse which your husband should fill in and also state your reference number I would change your application to an Irish Spouse
I asked: Do I have to Submit all the documents again?
She said: No there is no need for that we just need documents to prove that you are living together.
I said: Ok Thank you.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:12 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:Ceremony information was provided without asking !! May be they are getting more calls regd next ceremony dates.
May be you were the next after my call, my call was answered at 11.50 am.
PIKKA

patiently waiting
Newly Registered

Post by patiently waiting » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:40 pm

[quote="PIKKA"]Hi Everyone!

I rang INIS today after more than two months and got the same old answer 'waiting for agency report'.

'waiting for agency report'; how long does it take to get that bloody report? Is there any way to speed it up? This is the answer most of us get when calling INIS, so frustrating..

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:22 pm

PIKKA wrote:Hi Everyone!

I rang INIS today after more than two months and got the same old answer 'waiting for agency report'
It's outrageous, PIKKA..HOw many years are they waiting for it now?
BTW, I had a brief chat with one person sitting next to me on the ceremony, she said her whole family is living off the benefits for more than two years. They applied in 2010 and got approval without any further questions.
IRISH PHAROE wrote:if you need any help regarding the application just knock
Thank you, I am on my way to the passport office on Monday :D

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:38 am

here is my story guys..

Date Time Details
12/07/2011 1022-1108 ....Is being process... waiting for an outside agency {person who answer -Fair}

Date Time Details

21/07/2011 1033-1125 ....It’s in the trend. ...middle stage waiting for an outside agency {person who answer-Route}

Date Time Details

11/08/2011 1122-1138 .....it will be close enough & to be ready to go for minister decision, but problem is that we are just concentrating on organising ceremonies these weeks. So when we start working on those again I say in the next couple of wee...(she did not say weeks) you should be here from us with the decision you know the whole thing hopefully should be completed by end of the year. (okey by end of the year so I mean..) yeah hopefully now that just gives you an approximate. ......“Endedâ€

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:51 am

i hav stop ringin to this line guyz its waist of time n money. like u wait hrs to get through n when answer its a bloody mary sitting on the other end want to rush fings and fob u off the line. minster doing ceremony and quicking things up r watever but he shud've look at those bloody marys first innit provide proper info so they hav less letters n emails coming up to them from applicants and tds.

mudamus
BANNED

Post by mudamus » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:02 am

beady eye wrote:i hav stop ringin to this line guyz its waist of time n money. like u wait hrs to get through n when answer its a bloody mary sitting on the other end want to rush fings and fob u off the line. minster doing ceremony and quicking things up r watever but he shud've look at those bloody marys first innit provide proper info so they hav less letters n emails coming up to them from applicants and tds.
I think it's better not to be troubling this people, everybody will be sorted, because they're doing an incredible job.

jambalap

Post by jambalap » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:58 am

AUCK wrote:here is my story guys.
I think its better to wait for 2 or 3 months between calls otherwise you are going to get the same answer you are wasting your money and timing ringing them 5 times in 2 months it's just me

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:24 pm

any new news from my new /dear freinds ??

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:24 pm

but it appears my application making progress i.e. nearing the final stage being process and last 2months rang them they were waiting for a report from an outside agency to come back..!!!!

One day

Post by One day » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi Auck

When did you apply ? And do you know how long it took to get the outside reports ?

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Marisa wrote:It's outrageous, PIKKA..HOw many years are they waiting for it now?
BTW, I had a brief chat with one person sitting next to me on the ceremony, she said her whole family is living off the benefits for more than two years. They applied in 2010 and got approval without any further question
Welcome Back from your Holidays and YES I am still waiting and I think I have been waiting since MY BIRTH :shock:
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi Everyone!
I am going to tell you another REAL story of INIS incompetency,
One of our friend Phoned INIS last week to know his application's current status and lady on the other side told him that they have sent his approval 3 months ago. He said but I didn't receive any approval; she said ok I am going to send you another copy of it. The next day he received his approval letter and the date on it was 15th June. Now this time she forgot to send the Yellow form and he phoned her again this week and asked about the Yellow form and she said sorry we forgot to send that I am going to send you today. He asked about the oath ceremony but she said you were in the batch before that, so you have to arrange Court date. Firstly there were no Court Dates this Year but fortunately and eventually he got today's Date at Ballina Court House, where 25 more people were there to take oath...........????????????????????
After such realities I am completely speechless and believe that every body who is getting his Citizenship is winning EUROMILLION with two STARS :?
PIKKA

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:15 pm

Attn of "One day"

applied in june 09. Regarding outside reports according to INIS it tooks about 2-3months. but you know every times I call them they tell a different story. but recent conversation with them (twice) to cross check appear to be they received it.

that's all my friend.....as to date ..waiting

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:40 pm

mudamus wrote:
beady eye wrote:i hav stop ringin to this line guyz its waist of time n money. like u wait hrs to get through n when answer its a bloody mary sitting on the other end want to rush fings and fob u off the line. minster doing ceremony and quicking things up r watever but he shud've look at those bloody marys first innit provide proper info so they hav less letters n emails coming up to them from applicants and tds.
I think it's better not to be troubling this people, everybody will be sorted, because they're doing an incredible job.
incredible job minister maybe doing but not those marys i must say. u hav e.g. of other ppl here like auck and pikka mentioned about chicken ups plus hundred upon hundreds who ring who r not on this forum we dunno about. i do sincerely hope that every1 will get sorted but incredible job as u say it i doubt it man. unless u sorted already.

mudamus
BANNED

Post by mudamus » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:24 am

Is there any other power greater than the power of the minister for justice on immigration's matter ?

So leave the decision to the his department, and leave back door noises desires. :D

Every applicant will be sorted out, forget about the time on or before the next general election. :lol:

Remembered that, this new government has granted the most citizenship withing time frame ever in the history of the state, and they're not even up to 100 days in office if am right.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:23 pm

So is the backlog of applications supposed to be finished by March or are people just talking? I really want to know as this whole citizenship thing is frustrating me. Still no answer for my mom who applied in November 2007 or me who applied in May 2010 :(

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:57 pm

your mother applied in nov 2007 and you applied in 2010.you will both get around same time coming months.but if there was still previous govt you going to get in 2013-2014.i think new govt fine gael really clear the almost backload of citizenship applications.just pray i hope so our days coming soon.

Bell2
BANNED

Post by Bell2 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:29 am

IQU wrote:your mother applied in nov 2007 and you applied in 2010.you will both get around same time coming months.but if there was still previous govt you going to get in 2013-2014.i think new govt fine gael really clear the almost backload of citizenship applications.just pray i hope so our days coming soon.
Well said indeed. :D

One day

Post by One day » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:59 am

Lets home we all get soon but to wait from 2007 is very long , I hope and pray all of us will get through this and get our CON before we even know it

Good luck to all

One day

Post by One day » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Sorry meant lets hope ...........

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:49 pm

IQU wrote:your mother applied in nov 2007 and you applied in 2010.you will both get around same time coming months.but if there was still previous govt you going to get in 2013-2014.i think new govt fine gael really clear the almost backload of citizenship applications.just pray i hope so our days coming soon.
I hope so too! This whole wait is frustrating and depressing me :( I was supposed to go university this year in England but couldn't go because my case was a strange one.. home student (married to a British) yet a visa national.. so I couldn't even get my student visa.. which means I've to just sit here in Ireland while my husband is in the UK, wait for my Irish passport to come, THEN go to see my husband in UK and study next year.. why are they taking so long :( everything is messed up :( :( :( :(

I hope we get citizenship soon.. and the surprising thing is.. I've been in Ireland nearly all my life! Since 1999.. and I STILL dont have citizenship, I'm practically Irish :( :(

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:26 pm

the best thing is you can contact your local td explain him write you the refrence letter .you can send this letter to citizenship divsion you might get little quicker ?