ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application - urgent help please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramesheuk

Passport application - urgent help please

Post by ramesheuk » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi I am about to apply for my passport and need your advice on following:

1) Previous passport:

In the section of previous passports, do I need to mention my valid passport only (I mean I have Indian passport which got renewed. Do I need to mention my expired passport number also? And do I need to send my expired passport also along with the renewed one?)

2) Grand parents details:

Since my parents are not UK citizens, I need to give my grand parent details also. So, do I need to mention all the four grand parents (Father parents and Mother parents)? If yes, what should I need to write the relationship (i.e Father's father, Mother's father so on???)?

3) My son born in UK but is on Indian passport. His birth certificate is having two papers. One of them is having only his name. But the second one is having his name along with father and mother name. I assume we need to send second paper. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Passport application - urgent help please

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:03 pm

ramesheuk wrote:1) Previous passport:

In the section of previous passports, do I need to mention my valid passport only (I mean I have Indian passport which got renewed. Do I need to mention my expired passport number also? And do I need to send my expired passport also along with the renewed one?)
valid passport only.

Since my parents are not UK citizens, I need to give my grand parent details also. So, do I need to mention all the four grand parents (Father parents and Mother parents)? If yes, what should I need to write the relationship (i.e Father's father, Mother's father so on???)?
Not required in your case. However, if applying using PO Check&Send service, they might insist you fill in this part also.... In that case, make sure you remember what you wrote as you might be asked on that in the passport identity interview !
3) My son born in UK but is on Indian passport. His birth certificate is having two papers. One of them is having only his name. But the second one is having his name along with father and mother name. I assume we need to send second paper. Am I correct?
I presume this is for your son passport. You should send the long version (the second one with the parents details).

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks Jambo

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:19 pm

I sent my previous passport as well, 3 in all, the current valid one, lus the ones which have my first UK landing, as well as the 2nd last one which I got my ILR one.

I seem to recall reading somewhere they want to see 1st landing and ILR stamps as well.

Riz

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:40 am

Hi I am about to apply for my passport and need your advice on following:

1) Previous passport:

You should also send the one showing your first visa to UK, when you entered UK.
Not required, leave it blank
Yes