ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have I ruined my chance to sponsor my wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

streetracer
Newly Registered

Have I ruined my chance to sponsor my wife

Post by streetracer » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:18 pm

I had an arranged marriage, I met my wife and then got married in the space of a week and I returned home 5 days later. I phone her regularly, i have sent her presents and cards.

I have a job, good level of savings, house, a letter from family members who travelled to India to attend my wedding etc. But i have not been back to see my wife, we married in May, and i am worried this will count against us when we apply for her to come over here. will it.

archipelago

Post by archipelago » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Sounds like the most important part of her application is going to be proving a subsisting marriage. You will both need to show 'Intervening Devotion'.

You need to gather as much evidence of your contact together since marriage, ie emails, IM logs, phone calls, letters, online purchases, bank transfers, etc. Did she keep the envelopes/packages of the presents and cards, or have you kept confirmation of postage/receipt?

Use the search function on this website to help you with ideas.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:04 am

why did u return bak so quick??

cos of work??

streetracer
Newly Registered

Post by streetracer » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:46 pm

yes. I had booked 3 and a half weeks off work and we met and got married towards during the final two weeks.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:12 pm

when did you first meet over the phone? If you can prove long term contact before marriage and since you should be fine, phone /email and skype records would prove this as will letters, bank transfers and photos.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:26 pm

ECO's are well aware of the often lack of communication in arranged marriages before the wedding takes place. In many strict religious families direct communication is not allowed.
However, you will need to show strong evidence of contact between you since the ceremony and explain why you were only able to remain with your wife for a short time before returning to work. The application form will ask whether the marriage was arranged.

ayubson
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ayubson » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:07 pm

streetracer,

don't fret. just make sure you keep copies of the letters you sent to your misses. also, when i provided documentary evidence, i provided my phone bills, whether it be mobile or landline. when your wife applies for spouse visa, she will need to provide evidence of the marriage ie. wedding invites, photos, DVD, etc.

Your part is basically to provide proof that you are in contact with her and that you will be able to support her so bank accounts details, house immigration survey report, etc.

Just keep working at it. it is stressful because u have never done it before but there is plenty of help here.