ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Croydon 6th October 5 yr WP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IAM3576
Newly Registered

ILR Success Croydon 6th October 5 yr WP

Post by IAM3576 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Hi,
Thanks for this blog, all the moderators and for all the members. This blog helped me lot for my successful application and i was following it since April 2011.
I was with same company since last 5 years under work permit and applied with my 2 dependents.

I booked my family appointment on 26th August via phone and got it booked for 6/10/11 at 11:15 hrs
1) Got entry into the office at 10:45.
2) Security checking and then initial form checking and validating the form and finally got a token number.
3) 11:15 paid the fees £2700 by credit card ( I had informed the credit card company that this sum of amount will be taken from my account by HO on this date).
4) At 11:50 I was called to see a PEO at window 25.
5) He asked me to give SET(O) form and all passports.
6) He asked me employer letter and payment slip
7) He asked me a photocopies of 3 month (salary slip and bank statement)
81) He asked me photocopy of LIUK certificates
9) He asked me photocopy of passport of first page and VISA page of all the passports.
10) He returned 1 photographs of my partner and 1 of my child after scanning them and returned the payment slip as well.
11) At 12:35 he asked me to check the printout for names and other details if there are correct and In it was clearly mentioned that the ILR should be granted.
12) He asked me to come after 1hr and advised that they will call me by same token number and I can collect my passport.
13) Since it was lunch break most of the PEO's windows were closed and at 14:10 I went to window 22 (costumer care services) and showed my token and collected passport she advised me to check the details before i leave the building. To my surprise all the 3 passport were stamped with ILR stamp.

I had two worries before applying which i raised in this blog.
1) Misspelt in my name: One of the member advised to mention it in the form which i did and another asked to take a letter from company stating both the name belong to a same person and take as much proof as possible, which is did so that they can cross check if they have any doubts.

2) Cohabitation documents: My partner was in UK for 2yr 10 moth but not continuous i.e (1yr + 1yr 10 month) but just to confirm I called HO and they said for old WP this 2 yr documentation is not required and its only applicable for TIER 2 applicants. But one of the moderator advised me to take the proof in case if they may ask.

once again thanks for all your help and support and this is one of the best blog for UK VISA.
If any one required cover letter, employer letter (I got the letter from this blog), Letter showing out from UK on work related trips and Name miss pelt letter please dont hesitate to ask me
Last edited by IAM3576 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Congratulations and thanks for posting the details.

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:18 pm

hi mate,

did your dependents come along with you for appointment? Or you just have to submit their docs on behalf?

thanks!

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Congrats OP

IAM3576
Newly Registered

Post by IAM3576 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:56 pm

No,
I just went on my own but usually you dont require to take your dependent with you.