ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spousal visa...intention to live together...stupid ECOs

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tom123
Newly Registered

spousal visa...intention to live together...stupid ECOs

Post by Tom123 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:33 pm

Hello.

Me and my wife are preparing her application for a spousal visa.

Our concern is that the ECO will see that we are applying after being apart for 4 and a half months. The reason for this is that I was advised by a number of immigration people, ones that work for the visa office in India and also by immigration lawyers here that for the application to succeed, I MUST have a job.

I had been out of work for 18 months... i was with her for 9 months, so getting a job took me quite a while. I found a job but it's only a 2-3 month temp to perm contract.

I now am hearing my new solicitor questioning my wife saying ''why the hell didn't you apply earlier?! The ECO will say that if you were a genuine couple you should at least tried!!"
We've kept in touch frequently by me calling her using those calling cards, i didn't write because she wouldn't understand my writing very well due to our different languages.

Also our parents were not present (other people were) at the wedding, for a genuine reason (long story).

I now have a job and will apply ASAP, i will write a letter to the ECO explaining the reasons. for not applying. Shall I write the reason for not having our parents at the wedding???? Or is it opening more s**t for ourselves??
I bloody hope they take notice of the phone calls and the reason why we didn't apply!!

PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS SOMEONE, WHAT ARE OUR CHANCES?
I'M AFRAID OF IT BEING REJECTED.
WHAT CAN I DO TO STRENGHTHEN THE CASE?

Thank you.

London coool
BANNED

Post by London coool » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:55 pm

Its very funny when "people" always try to preempt what the ECO will or will not say.

The length you have stayed apart is not fundamental or crucial to your application,what is crucial is if you are genuinely married.Proof:marriage certificate,pictures during the marriage and correspondence and proof of financial support. Its not compulsory for parents to be at the registry marriage.

You need to provide at 6 least months continuous proof of working in UK (whether Temp or Perm.) by showing your payslips and bank statement; and proof of accommodation. In case your wife is asked why you hadnt applied for a spouse visa since by the ECO you just ask her to tell them that you needed time to settle down and sort things out and now is the time you are prepared to bring her over to UK. There are no fast rules about the length of time after marriage one should apply for a spouse visa.