ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help regarding spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

milos85
Newly Registered

Help regarding spouse visa application

Post by milos85 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Hello, i would just like to check if income my sponsor is providing is sufficient for spouse visa application.
Both me and my wife (who is British citizen) are unemployed and therefore not much money on either of our accounts so her father will be providing sponsorship.
Here are some numbers from his P60 and wage slips :

P60 :

in this employment: 34,638.55 ; tax deducted 5,619.80
Total for year: 34,638.55 ; tax deducted 5,619.80
Employee's contribution due on all earnings above the ET: 2,905.72
Earnings above the ET, up to and including the UAP: 30,179
Earnings at the LEL: 5,052
Earnings above the LEL, up to and including the ET: 660

Wage slips:
2,810.74 before deductions
1,139.05 total deductions
1,684.69 total net payment

Bank statements:
March to april 2011:

opening balance: 462.01
Payments in: 2,800.08
Payments out: 3,615.85
Closing balance: 1,277.78
Overdraft Limit: 1,500.00

April to may 2011:

Opening balance:1,277.78
Payments in: 2,965.29
Payments out: 3,202.63
Closing balance: 1,515.12

May to june 2011:

Opening balance: 1,515.12
Payments in: 5,102.45
Payments out: 2,304.35
Closing balance: 1,282.98

June to july 2011:

Opening balance: 1,282.98
Payments in: 13,818.54
Payments out: 13,935.70
Closing balance: 1,165.82

July to august 2011:

Opening balance: 1,165.82
Payments in: 3,484.69
Payments out: 2,862.46
Closing balance: 1,788.05

Sorry it's a lot to read but we are concerned that we will spend a grand on this application and get refused as we are on pretty tight budget already.
Any feedback appreciated! Thank you

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:03 am

None of your figures for the bank statements seem to add up, for example in some months More than goes out of the account than comes in but the closing balance is more than the opening balance and other months the opposite is the case. The money into the account also bears no resemblance to the figures you have given for income.

You don't say what your own financial circumstances are nor what category you are applying under. It is therefore impossible to comment.

milos85
Newly Registered

Post by milos85 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:58 am

Its not clear to me either but those are original bank statements.. Do you think entry clearance officer will accept those? Or is it better to leave them out and just supply P60 and wage slips?

As for my income its totally inconsistent and almost no savings just enough to survive each month but i will have about 1500 pounds in my account from selling the car and that's about it.

bettny
Newly Registered

Post by bettny » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:01 pm

i am said wife lol
these are my fathers bank statements and i cant make sense of them either i am sooooo worried about this visa and this is not helping i have tried all ways to get these statements to make some sort of sense but just cant manage it.
i am goin to contact my dad and ask him to explain it all to me altho thats the one way to p him off ...ask about his money.

we will be living rent free with my mother and so the funds he supplies will be to cover food and increasing bills not sure how much he needs per week or month to show he can support us for the visa agency to be convinced any have any ideas of a round about number?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:05 pm

bettny wrote:hiya my husband is serbian and we are planning to apply for a uk spouse visa as i have been living in serbia with him i have no employment in the uk and are funds are very limited
my father kindly offered to support us and sponsor my husband while we get on our feet and so he has given me his bank statements wage slips and p60 he gave them to me the day i traveled bk to serbia from the uk and i have not had the chance to look at them untill this week.

well as im looking through them i see he was overdrawn for 4 of the 6months paying off the overdraft then going back into it for the last 2months he has managed to stay in the black. i have a letter from him stating that he will support my husband while we live rent free at my mothers house while looking for employment, he states he will pay for food and increased bills as my mother works for a charity and her income is to low to support us as the visa agency sees fit.
the letter does not to into details about his bank statements and just says he supplies them.
so now i feel we dont have a chance for this visa very upsetting and doesnt help my hormones are everywhere from being pregnant.
if he wrote a letter explaining why he had been over drawn for 4months would this help our case? he was going through a divorce at the time and had lawyer fees aswell as finding a home etc in the one from last statement it shows the settlement money 10k paid into his account which he swiftly spent 8 of on a new car.
but anyway if all this is explained in slightly better language will we still have a chance? or has this destroyed our chances for my husband to Ever meet my family/go to the uk with me.
can we leave them out and just show the p60 2months of gd bank statements and his wage slips? or is that just instant refusal?

its 1000 euro cost which we are getting from the sale of our car aswell as 1500 euros extra but this is our only money so i dont wanna blow 1000 euros on something thats never going to happen and we dont have time to collect another 6months of bank statements as i want my husband in england when i give birth to our first child!

sorry for the rant ill just say being English i never knew how hard the government make it to be with the person u love and how much money they feel they can suck out of u its more than ridiculous!

any help would be great and again sorry for making u read all this im very upset right now
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bettny
Newly Registered

Post by bettny » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:57 pm

any1 any idea wat we could do, ive been looking at a family visit visa but weve been refused for a visit visa in the past as they do not beleive my OH will return to serbia. are there any other visas that might get him to england for 6months ish?

milos85
Newly Registered

Post by milos85 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Maybe put my question this way:

Does it matter that my sponsor's account is overdrawn on some months or is the cash flow all that matters?

Because if we count the cash flow he has enough to support both of us and himself but if we add in amounts that he is spending he can't support us.

So how would the fact that he spends alot more then 105pounds a week on average affect my visa decision?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:24 am

bettny wrote:hiya my dad is our 3rd party sponsor and in 4 out of 6 of his statements is in his over draft will this affect our visa?
Lucapooka wrote:A persistent negative bank balance from the financial sponsor may be viewed as an indication of insufficient means but this really depends the reasons for the dips and on the historical cashflow (loans and overdrafts that are being serviced rather than deliquent might not be an issue) so it's not possible to make absolute predictions. In your case, the ECO or caseworker may assume that not only is he unable to provide for you, it seems that he can't live within his means for himself as an individual.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!