ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rental Agreement for Tier-1 dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

navcomps

Rental Agreement for Tier-1 dependant visa

Post by navcomps » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:19 pm

Hi ,

I need to apply for Tier-1 dependant visa for my wife, Currently I am staying in friend house who own a house with 3 bed rooms.

Please let me know if it is okay to provide a letter from my friend to accommodate me & family by sharing maintenance charges in place of rental agreement.

Any info on this will be a great help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:35 pm

Have you been told by someone in particular that you need provide evidence of your accommodation?

navcomps

Re:Rental Agreement for Tier-1 dependant visa

Post by navcomps » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:27 am

Thanks for your response.

My understanding is to provide below supporting documents, Please correct me if i am wrong.

Tenancy agreement
Employement Letter
last 3 months Payslip
Bank statement - to show manintenance fund
Marriage Certificate - Relation proof
Photocopy of main applicant visa

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:29 am

Suggest that maybe you read the guidance to determine what you do and don't need. Not sure why everyone wants to show a tenancy agreement, you don't need it.

navcomps

Post by navcomps » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:01 am

Thanks for the Information.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:22 am

mulderpf wrote:Suggest that maybe you read the guidance to determine what you do and don't need. Not sure why everyone wants to show a tenancy agreement, you don't need it.
I totally agree with you that applicants should only submit documents based on the policy guidance.

However, it appears that some visa consulates, especially in India, have formed the habit of requesting for more documents which are out of scope from that in the official policy guidance. Hence the reason why applicants sometimes get confused.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:26 am

beecharmer1800bc wrote: However, it appears that some visa consulates, especially in India, have formed the habit of requesting for more documents which are out of scope from that in the official policy guidance.
When children are included in the application there is a duty of care on the part of the UKBA to ensure that they are going to be properly housed. I can't see any kids mentioned in this discussion.