ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

References for Naturalization application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunmoon

References for Naturalization application

Post by sunmoon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi guys,
Could anyone advise me if a University Professor is allowed to give reference as a professional person, on the UKBA list of professional persons they mention Teachers / Lecturers but not Professors.
thanks a lot.

sunmoon

Re: References for Naturalization application

Post by sunmoon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:45 pm

dear gurus please response

shs213

Post by shs213 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:47 pm

sunmoon wrote:dear gurus please response
not a guru; but let me give it a try ;)

I belive the referee should be "professionally qualified" - i.e. passed professional exams like LLB, CIMA, MBBS etc. Most lecturers hold academic qualifications such as MBA/MSCs so not sure if they qualify. However it depends on the nature of the subject they are specilised in..

anyways; this is my 2 pence - wait for others to confrim...

x-ray

Post by x-ray » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:20 pm

I believe you can use a University Professor as a referee. They have a higher rank or position within a University.

I would recommend you verify this with the UKBA before making your application.

Good luck.

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:35 pm

sunmoon wrote:Hi guys,
Could anyone advise me if a University Professor is allowed to give reference as a professional person, on the UKBA list of professional persons they mention Teachers / Lecturers but not Professors.
thanks a lot.
The list is not exhaustive. For example doctors are not included in the list and many including me used doctors as referees. If a muppet in UKBA thinks that a professor is not a professional but a teacher or lecturer is, then they should be sent to an asylum. But for your own peace of mind, check with UKBA or NCS!

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:20 pm

@osteophytes.. thanks, I was thinking the same.