ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points under "spouse"

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

panky12345
Newly Registered

Points under "spouse"

Post by panky12345 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:37 pm

Hi,

For claiming 10 points under “spouse”, do I have to be married for more than 2 yrs. I recently got married and was wondering could claim points? I can very well show my marriage certificate and joint bank account statement along with a utility bill. Wd that suffice….Plz help!!

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:08 pm

For claiming 10 points under “spouse”, do I have to be married for more than 2 yrs.
Yes you must have been married or in a relationship akin to marriage for a minimum of two years. Hence why the HSMP Team require evidence of the subsistence of your marriage/ relationship akin to marriage through the submission of documents covering a two year period. I must say I am somewhat surprised by this requirement applying to married couples given that other partner dependent categories within the immigration rules do not insist on a 2 yr period for spouses but only for unmarried partners. Perhaps the HSMP Team is preventing a rush of 'marriages' by applicants going for the extra 10 points :lol: .

panky12345
Newly Registered

Post by panky12345 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:57 pm

thanx kayalami,

i read the HSMP guidance form....what i can gather is that u have to be in a relationship for more than 2 yrs only if u are applying as an unmarried partner. theres no mention abt the married partners.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:08 pm

There is a mention of submitting two years documents though isn't there 8) .

druid
Newly Registered

Post by druid » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:47 pm

Panky,

Make sure to include documets addressed to both of you on the same address which are 2 years old, otherwise you might not be awarder the 10 points for spouse

Cheers

D

tvb1976
Newly Registered

Post by tvb1976 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:45 am

Hi,

Do I need to provide complete 2years evidences?Is it compulsary? Please let me know if I provide the following evidences will they accept or not.

1) Marriage certificate -- Issued 1-year 10months back.
2) Tenancy agreements available for the last 6months and 1year back
3) Bank statement - Joint account for the last 3months
4) My wife passport copy – Having husband name as my name on passport it self.

regards,
veeru

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:15 pm

Do I need to provide complete 2years evidences?
Yes.
Is it compulsary?
Yes
Please let me know if I provide the following evidences will they accept or not.

1) Marriage certificate -- Issued 1-year 10months back.
2) Tenancy agreements available for the last 6months and 1year back
3) Bank statement - Joint account for the last 3months
4) My wife passport copy – Having husband name as my name on passport it self.
IMHO no. However you never know till you make an application.

You may wish to review my response and the matter of precedent setting to the same set of Q's - asking the same over and over again won't change anything - sorry.