ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation file waiting for submission to Minister

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

churchholigan

Naturalisation file waiting for submission to Minister

Post by churchholigan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi all.

I spoke to a lady in INIS helpline this morning. I submitted my additional document requests in July once and I also sent more bank statements and payslips in beginning of September. The lady in INIS told me that my case officer is preparing my file for submission to minister. It should be within the next badge of files to minister for decision but she did not tell me when is the next send off date to minister. Does anyone know how often INIS send off files for minister decision?

Thank you again.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:38 pm

congrats it will be within 4-6 weeks.good luck make sure dont forget to check your post lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:41 am

I sent my further documents on 04/05/2011 upon their request,
I rang them end of May they told me my file is wit the minister then I got the approval on mid June 2011 so it took 6 weeks.
peace on you

churchholigan

Post by churchholigan » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi

Thank you for the quick reply. The lady actually said they are just preparing my file but has not send to the minister yet because they are waiting for more files from other applicant together before they send it over. So does it mean that I can still wait for another few months before they send my file over. Also, if they sending my file over for decision, does it mean that they could refuse me for whatever reason??

Thank you.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:27 pm

churchholigan wrote:Hi

Thank you for the quick reply. The lady actually said they are just preparing my file but has not send to the minister yet because they are waiting for more files from other applicant together before they send it over. So does it mean that I can still wait for another few months before they send my file over. Also, if they sending my file over for decision, does it mean that they could refuse me for whatever reason??

Thank you.
From my experience here in the forum as your file sent to the minister so you will get the approval.
I think they will not wait for months to have a package to be sent to the minister.
they have enough applicants to join the package if somone else is delayed to send his, do not worry.
wait for your letter of approval , I can feel it. :wink:
peace on you

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Thank you.
Every file has to be signed by minister regardless of its status whether its approved or disapproved.

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:02 pm

myimmigrationboards wrote:

Thank you.
Every file has to be signed by minister regardless of its status whether its approved or disapproved.
I believe you are wrong, those files that reach the Minister's table are the approved one for his signature, those that failed are treated and replied to by 3 different officers in the department with their names and signatures.
The refusals are all by the staff unless it is a very special case that need the attention of the minister.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:18 pm

rlow68 wrote:

Thank you.
I believe you are wrong, those files that reach the Minister's table are the approved one for his signature, those that failed are treated and replied to by 3 different officers in the department with their names and signatures.
The refusals are all by the staff unless it is a very special case that need the attention of the minister.
you are not right. all files go to the minister with a recomendation as to be approved or refused. the minister then can agree or disgree. it's his decision.
if its the refusal, then the staff at citizenship section would write the letter to the applicant with the negative outcome. but the decision is always made by the minister. staff at INIS can only suggest, lets say, the person has traffic offences or something, and the minister may say, no that's not that serious, i grant the person.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:26 am

you are right

churchholigan

Post by churchholigan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 am

IQU wrote:you are right
Agnuisks or Rlow68?

Baumbass
BANNED

Post by Baumbass » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:58 pm

agniukas wrote:
rlow68 wrote:

Thank you.
you are not right. all files go to the minister with a recomendation as to be approved or refused. the minister then can agree or disgree. it's his decision.
if its the refusal, then the staff at citizenship section would write the letter to the applicant with the negative outcome. but the decision is always made by the minister. staff at INIS can only suggest, lets say, the person has traffic offences or something, and the minister may say, no that's not that serious, i grant the person.
Rightly said, common good, and common aim, the minister will read everything before attesting his signature. :D

Diago1234567
Newly Registered

Post by Diago1234567 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi guys I have been told since 01/07/2011 that my file has been sent to the minister for decision and I rang them a few times the answer was the same they still waiting for minister decision.
Last call to the INIS I asked the lady about my visa expiry date which was 09/08/11 what should I do. She asked me to go to the gnib and ask them for 1 month extension on my passport cos no need to renew it for the all year to avoid paying 150 euro for gnib card.
What do u think guys ???

Diago1234567
Newly Registered

Post by Diago1234567 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi guys I have been told since 01/07/2011 that my file has been sent to the minister for decision and I rang them a few times the answer was the same they still waiting for minister decision.
Last call to the INIS I asked the lady about my visa expiry date which was 09/08/11 what should I do. She asked me to go to the gnib and ask them for 1 month extension on my passport cos no need to renew it for the all year to avoid paying 150 euro for gnib card.
What do u think guys ???

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:17 pm

i think you should renew your visa if incase application is delayed more than 1 month???.also there is election this year.so minister will be very busy.what another members thoughts.

Baumbass
BANNED

Post by Baumbass » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:41 am

Diago1234567 wrote:Hi guys I have been told since 01/07/2011 that my file has been sent to the minister for decision and I rang them a few times the answer was the same they still waiting for minister decision.
What do u think guys ???
It's legitimate and fundamental to renew your residency permit pending the determination of your naturalization certificate application, after it's granted you may or may not need to renew any residency again at your discretion, i think that will suffice for your question, and i wish you all the best.

churchholigan

Post by churchholigan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:42 am

IQU wrote:congrats it will be within 4-6 weeks.good luck make sure dont forget to check your post lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
I spoke to INIS on the helpline yesterday. I don't know if the lady on the phone told me the truth or not but she said do not phone back for another 4 weeks as my application is in the final stage. Hopefully it is going to be good news instead of rejection letter but thank you for the advance:)

Baumbass
BANNED

Post by Baumbass » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:45 am

churchholigan wrote:
IQU wrote:congrats it will be within 4-6 weeks.good luck make sure dont forget to check your post lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
I spoke to INIS on the helpline yesterday. I don't know if the lady on the phone told me the truth or not but she said do not phone back for another 4 weeks as my application is in the final stage. Hopefully it is going to be good news instead of rejection letter but thank you for the advance:)

All the best, and good luck.

irishtobe

Post by irishtobe » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:39 pm

hi all
i get this leeter from the inis anybody have any idea if that good news?.
MR xxxxx lodged a valid application for a certificate of naturalisation
with the Citizenship Division of this Department on the 28th April 2008.

This application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether Mr. xxxxx meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as
expeditiously as possible.

The granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation is a privilege and
an honour which confers certain rights and entitlements not only within the
State but also at European Union level and it is important that appropriate
procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the process.

Mr. xxxxx :i will be notified of the decision, in writing, as soon as it

:?: :?:

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:15 am

irishtobe wrote:hi all

:?: :?:
I am sorry to disappoint you but its basically a fob off letter. This kind of reply is usually what minister give to the deputies in the Dail. See below:

http://www.oireachtas.ie/parliament/
Last edited by fatty patty on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

dodo123
Newly Registered

Post by dodo123 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:21 am

irishtobe wrote:hi all

This letter is simple because your TD contacted them on your behalf period.[/list]
[/code]

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:22 pm

they are try to clear the backload 2007-2010 applicants.but some applicant are longer waiting more than 4 years in this stage so they are finally writting them a letter atleast to let them know there application are currently exmaine.basically to let the applicant know they are not forgetten they will get the decision in coming months.still it is positive feed back.if there was still previous govt the answer will be we are currently waiting for outside ageny reports etc etc.you cannot do anything for that.i think minister and team working really good.there are still good hopes.we all get the decision before next summer good luck everybody

churchholigan

Post by churchholigan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi all

I sent requested documents (payslips and bank statements) in the beginning of July this year. I checked Anpost record and INIS has someone signed for it so I take it as INIS received it but I did not received any acknowledge from INIS. I phone almost every three weeks to check on updates. I have been told that they received my documents in July and my file is in final stage but INIS has not sent to the minister office yet. I have sent in more payslips and bankstatments at the end of August and I have received an acknowledge from INIS this time.

I phone back in mid September and the lady in INIS over the phone told me my file is in the final stage again and has not sent to the minister office yet. She actually told me that DO NOT phone back again for at least 4 weeks.

Today is roughly 4 weeks passed from beginning of September. I phoned back and spoke a lady in INIS today. At first, she was saying that my file is in final stage and waiting to be sent to the minister and then she changed. She was going like something is wrong here and we do not know where your file is but give me your phone number and I will phone you back in this afternoon. I thought she was only trying to get me hang up the phone without further question. Believe it or not, she actually phoned me back this afternoon. She told me that INIS has processed my file to final stage only started in September after I sent in requested documents and INIS has not received any requested documents from me before September this year. I take it as the documents I sent in to INIS in July has gone missing inside the INIS building. She actually told me my file has sent to the Minister office for decision in September and I asked her how will it take. She was saying that Minister could take as long as he needs to make a decision on my file so she could not say any time that I will receive a decision from INIS.

The way she said to me was sounded like they might put my file on hold for something. I read the following link from on the the post here:

http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... itizenship

After she told me that Minister could take as much as he needs to make a decision. Does it sound like I am in trouble or something?

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:48 am

"After she told me that Minister could take as much as he needs to make a decision. Does it sound like I am in trouble or something?"

no no do not worry my friend the minister can take something in between 2 weeks to 2 months.
in my case I sent them my documents on early May upon their request and have been told that my file with the minister on end of May then I got my approval by Mid of June.
peace on you

yable22
BANNED

Post by yable22 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:31 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:"After she told me that Minister could take as much as he needs to make a decision. Does it sound like I am in trouble or something?"

no no do not worry my friend the minister can take something in between 2 weeks to 2 months.
in my case I sent them my documents on early May upon their request and have been told that my file with the minister on end of May then I got my approval by Mid of June.
I think all this callings and panicking displayed is actually giving them the ego to continue to delay approval of citizenship, as if it's a passport to paradise unlike the ways other european countries treated applicant despite warning from the european union on Irish government attitude towards applications of naturalizations among the European archipelag. :D