ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is Nikkah nama necessary for UK family visit visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Enigmatic
Newly Registered

is Nikkah nama necessary for UK family visit visa?

Post by Enigmatic » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Hello !

My mom (from Pakistan) is applying for family visit visa to visit me and my hubby here in the UK. She has pretty much gotten all the documents she needs. But there's a slight confusion. They say attaching the Nikkah nama with the English translation is also required for a family visit visa?

My dad wouldnt be accompanying him.

Please help us in this regard as it's already October and my mother wants to come in early Jan 2012. And I really don't want to delay her application submission.

Also can anyone guide me what's the trend these days of issuance of family visit visas to UK? How long does it take?

Enigmatic
Newly Registered

Post by Enigmatic » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:51 pm

nobody??

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:21 pm

This could be required to establish the relationship between your husband and your motherin case your husband is also sponsoring her. In my opinion, you might need to send some cohabitation proof as well to substantiate the ongoing nature of your relationship with your husband.

I am also planning to call my mother in law to U.K. I intend to submit the proofs of cohabitation with my wife to establish the link with my mother in law as I would be sponsoring her to come to the U.K.

Nikah nama (marriage certificate) only proves the commencement of the marriage and does not substantiate an ongoing relationship with the spouse. I have read some posts where a spouse's visa extension was declined because no cohabitation proof was submitted to complement the marriage certificate.

So, I would be submitting some recent utility bills/bank statements along with the marraige certificate as cohabitation proof.

Hope that helps and some more senior members would shed some more light on this.