ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could he be refused at airport for any reason ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SADIE100
Newly Registered

Could he be refused at airport for any reason ?

Post by SADIE100 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:34 pm

My husband has been granted his visa, and I thought that was it we can now celebrate but I just been checking UK border and it says that he could be stopped at the airport and refused , quote:

10B. Where a person arrives in the United Kingdom with leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom which is already in force, an Immigration Officer may cancel that leave.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part1/

Does this mean if the Immigration officer is having a bad day, my husband could be sent back?

His passport is old and although it has been renewed the expery date on the main page is passed but on the next page there is an extension date. Should he get a new passport?

What could be the reasons they could refuse entry ? cant work it out from the web ukba ? Need to prepare him he has never travelled this far before.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:48 pm

Refusal subject to 321, 321A.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:33 am

A visa won't be cancelled simply because someone is having a bad day. There has to be just cause and it has to be done through a proper process if a visa is to be cancelled. The staff working at the border can't just make up stuff as they go along based on how they are feeling that day or cancel a visa because they don't like someone.